tried out tamron 70-300 manual on 3100.

Just-Clayton

tried fifferent things and found that using a tripod and remote cable works best. oh and a little patience!! pictures come out pretty good with that set up.

Attachments

• DSC_7565 (800x549).jpg
    DSC_7565 (800x549).jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 892
Last edited:

Sambr

To be completely honest! The 1st one is terrible way too much C.A. (chromatic aberravtion) it's dark and out of focus. The 2nd one is better still not very sharp and still dark.

Sorry If I offended anyone - I just hope you folks are honest with my photos too. Only way to improve is to know how to fix your mistakes.

Sam

Just-Clayton

i wast making a great picture at all . it was pretty cold out when i was shooting so i did a quick shot on the birds. didnt even try to clean them up. i just kind of showed that you arent improving the picture with another typical kit lense. just means i have to save my pennies for a 200mm or or better prime lense to be able to get a real clear picture. Donations accepted!! i will mess with the lenses on another day. just no point in hurrying!

Last edited:

Just-Clayton

ok so here is a moon shot at 300mm. finding out that to get it in focus i have to back off from infinite. without my glasses i dont focus well. it will take some getting used to.

Attachments

• DSC_7683 (800x534).jpg
    DSC_7683 (800x534).jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 4,340

Rick M

I also wear glasses and have no problem focusing with them on. Might be worth investing in a pair of glasses for focusing purposes? I would be very frustrated not being able to focus and would consider such glasses a good investment in the long run!