My first video attempt with D7000

gqtuazon

Gear Head
A few days ago I was able to use my D7000 for video. I used the rig below with a Nikon ME-1 mic in order to get a stereo sound. A Holiday Concert from my daughter's school concert. I hope you like it.

D7000 + 70-200mm and later on shifted to 24-70mm due to closer distance. Setting was 1/50, f2.8, ISO 640. The panning using an Arca-swiss Z1 was a little choppy and was not as fluid or smooth like a video head like what the pros does it. Not bad for a rookie. :)

70-200mm_Rig.jpg

[video=vimeo;33388508]http://vimeo.com/33388508[/video]

Rick M

Nice job Glenn! Good to hear Christmas music at a "Holiday" school concert. I went to my son's "winter" concert at his school and didn't recognize a single song!

PapaST

I agree, good job. What kind of memory card were you using? Any buffer problems? Do you know if the record times are limited solely by the card size or are the limitations with the camera? I noticed on my 32GB cards that I have 20minutes of record time.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
I agree, good job. What kind of memory card were you using? Any buffer problems? Do you know if the record times are limited solely by the card size or are the limitations with the camera? I noticed on my 32GB cards that I have 20minutes of record time.

Thanks. I was using a Sandisk Extreme pro (45mb/s) 16 gb memory card. There are no limitations on the camera that I am aware of, just the size of the memory card was the limitation. At 720p setting, I had around close to 20 minutes of recording time.