Question on underexposed shots...

AudiSportB5S4

Hi there,

I have been doing some reading after getting a little frustrated with my D810 underexposing images when the flash is on. I'm reading that there are a bunch of things that are going on from matrix metering, to flash fill, etc... However pretty clearly each time I take a picture with the flash on - whether its the on body flash or one of my speedlites, it's automatically choosing to underexpose by -1.3... How can I change this? When I manually bump it up +1.3, it's perfect..

Thanks for any help!
Mike

AudiSportB5S4

Thanks for that lead! I have no clue how/when I adjusted that, or maybe one of the times I let someone take some pictures... haha. Appreciate the help though!

I just googled d810 flash compensation and it lead me to that flash button on the front of the camera body and sure enough it was set to -1.3!

Thanks again..

Needa

Challenge Team
Thanks for that lead! I have no clue how/when I adjusted that, or maybe one of the times I let someone take some pictures... haha. Appreciate the help though!

I just googled d810 flash compensation and it lead me to that flash button on the front of the camera body and sure enough it was set to -1.3!

Thanks again..

Glad it was an easy fix.