A 'Bonjour' from France

darkslide

Hi all

Ex-pat brit living in the south-west of France. Very keen on using film (remember that?) which goes to explain why I have loads of F and F2's laying around :)

I also dabble in digital with a D700 - superb machine - hope to share experiences/learn from you guys !!

Darkslide

ohkphoto

Snow White
Welcome to the forum, and yes, I remember film . . . have a Mamiya MF, an F5 and my mom's F. ALL get used, too, maybe not as much as digital.
Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

darkslide

Thanks Helene

Looking forward to seeing some of your work!

Hmmmm that's what I was afraid of :) Do people get pissed if I show non-digital stuff here?

@Rick W - thanks Rick - been a while since I shot any of that. Sadly even if I found some, there's not much chance of getting it processed in Europe.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Do people get pissed if I show non-digital stuff here?

Absolutely not! There's a few who post film photos. Photography is photography. I go to film when I want a slower pace and to keep my skills honed. I found out that if I shoot digital all the time, and then go to a roll of film, I discover that I don't do as well and am disappointed in the pics. Part of it is that with digital, you feel that you can fix it next time, so you're not as careful with settings. I guess it's called laziness. Alternating between the two makes me much more conscious of settings, so I'm less lazy.

RickSawThat

You can cross process it (Kodachrome) in chemicals for color negatives for a really cool effect :) That was all the rage in the late 80's and early 90's.