Upload Marking

stkm04

Hi -
I just upgraded from an older Nikon to the D3400. I really love it.

When displaying the photos I noticed a "horizontal double arrow" at the top of the screen. Then user manual describes it as "Upload Marking" but does not provide any further detail.

"Upload..." seems to indicate that it has something to do with Snapbridge, but I have "Automatic upload" disabled and Bluetooth is OFF anyway.

Can anybody explain to me what this indicator is for?

Thanks!

Bikerbrent

Welcome aboard. Enjoy the ride.
We look forward to seeing more posts and samples of your work.

Your issue is Snapbridge related. You might want to check out "https://nikonimglib.com/snbr/onlinehelp/en/index.html"

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Welcome to the forum. I don't have the camera, but I would almost think that it has something to do with being able to mark the photos that you want to upload at a later time. This is just a guess, however.

nickt

I don't have this camera, but I took a look at the manual. My impression is the picture is simply marked for upload. I would think it would stay marked regardless of whether or not you have auto upload enabled.
Look under the playback menu for select-deselect or if I'm reading right, you can also hit the i button during image playback to see the select/deselect option. From there you should be able to deselect and unmark it.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
After checking it is a marking for photos to upload. In the playback menu you can deselect one or all.

I would suggest you download the Reference Manual for the D3400. It is much more inclusive than the Owners Manual. You can download it here.
See page 189 for the info I found.

stkm04

Thanks for all the answers.

Looked at the Reference Manual and also played around with various menu settings. Here is what I found: The "Automatic Upload" setting in the menu as ON (This seems to be the default). However, I could only set it to OFF when the camera was connected to the smartphone via BlueTooth. It is "grayed out" when the camera is not connected, hence one can not change it in that state.
I set the option to OFF, disconnected the camera and now the marker is gone, which is exactly what I want.

Thanks again!

Last edited: