Weekly Challenge Dec. 7 - Dec. 14: Freestyle Revisited

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Freestyle-revisited
Weekly Challenge: Dec. 7 – Dec 14

JoeLewisPhoto was the winner of the "Creative Flash" Weekly Challenge and issued the following challenge:.

Your challenge for the Week of
Dec. 7 – Dec. 14 is Freestyle: Due to the lack of responses lately, I figured you all needed a "no excuses, kick in the butt" challenge So, post ANYTHING you want. Just make sure it is within the date range.

This one will be judged a little differently so pay attention. Because of the various skill levels here, This will be judged mostly, based on the EFFORT you put in. That's not to say I wont be looking at the quality as well though. I do believe if the effort is there, the quality will come through. Lets call it 75% effort, 25% quality.
I do not want to include a photo for this challenge....I do not want to sway anyone to take any particular type of photo.
Get out there, try your best, and submit the results. Plain and simple!

Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information. This thread will be closed on Dec. 14 (midnight EDT)...so get those photos in!

The Rules
1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you! Because not all EXIF data can be verified, we will use the honor system here.
3. Challenges will be judged solely by the winner of the previous week. There will be no individual voting.
4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge.

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator. This is a member-run contest, and the purpose of the Weekly Challenge is to encourage member participation on the forums and to keep you taking pictures!

Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
My wife wanted me to take a picture of our Christmas tree for her "facebook" but we have not wrapped most of the kid's gifts from Santa. So, Mr Frosty called in his "Golden" buddies for an annual group shot. I used my old and neglected Nikon 20-35mm f2.8D @ 23mm, f11, 3 sec, ISO 400. Taken using a D7000 on a tripod. So, that's my effort. I hope Santa will add some of the "gold" collections this Christmas. :rolleyes: I've been really good and nice this year. :eek:

Frosty and Friends by gqtuazon, on Flickr

Sambr

Nice looking tree Glenn love the snowman :)- err I will not look at those gorgeous "Golden Boxes" no sir no NAS for me. If I buy anything more that's camera related my wife - well put this way I would be joining you on that Aircraft carrier - and not by choice.

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Nice looking tree Glenn love the snowman :)- err I will not look at those gorgeous "Golden Boxes" no sir no NAS for me. If I buy anything more that's camera related my wife - well put this way I would be joining you on that Aircraft carrier - and not by choice.

Salvatore- I have an extra sleeping bag just for you just in case it ever happens. (LOL). :D

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Are you on an aircraft carrier, Glenn??? How did I miss that post???

Hi Helene. I was but I transferred few months ago and I am now on my shore tour (still in Japan). It must have been from the other forums which is why you didn't see it.

BTW: This doesn't count as my entry.
:)
GWJun2011_176.jpg

Last edited:

Haris Khan

Not eligible for challenge. EXIF data indicates this photo was taken on 12-5-11.

DSC_0197.jpg

(Took from a moving train).....a canal crossing with typical decorated Pakistani trucks....

Last edited by a moderator:

Adi

Not eligible for challenge. EXIF data indicates this photo was taken on 11-17-11.

_DSC5609.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael Black

Lights-on-the-lake_7843-4x6.jpg"Lights on the Lake" there is more than a mile of displays .which runs threw Onondaga Lake Park, it follows the shore of the Lake. I had to walk way out on this pier to get this shot and I forgot my flash light.:confused:

kayte

Christmas201106.jpg

Poinsetta

EXIF:
photo taken on December 10th 2011
Nikon D80 with Sigma 28mm prime lense
Exposure: 1/30 Seconds
F/Stop: 4.5
post production using Corel Paintshop Pro X4

Status
Not open for further replies.