Google Chrome

Mike150

Don't know how this happened, but now when I click a link from Outlook, Google Chrome wants to open instead if Internet Explorer.

Would be nice to get it back to IE, but it's not that critical a problem, and it's definately not a problem with the forum software.

Here are a couple of other observations I've noticed.

When using Chrome, you don't have the option to "LIKE" a comment or photo. The only selection at the bottom right of the post is the "SHARE" option. You do get the "Like" "and Share"options when using internet explorer.

Also I've noticed that if you make a reply while using Chrome, it requires you to type in a two word access code... That's the one where two ramdom words are posted that are written oddly and you have to enter them for permission to make your reply.

Don't really need answers here, but figured others would like to know. So far, the only good use for Chrome is for my Grand daughters to play Angry Birds.

Browncoat

Outlook has a menu option to select which browser opens when you click a link. Additionally, you can make sure that IE is set as your default browser.

Truth be told, I haven't used IE for over a decade and was a longtime Firefox user until recently when I switched to Chrome...in large part to this forum, because Firefox 5 was having all kinds of problems with it. Chrome is an excellent browser, and is preferred by most users over IE. It's a little quirky to set up initially, but once yet tweak it to your liking, it's great.

I have zero of the issues you're describing.

JohnFrench

I am using Chrome right now and see the "LIKE" button right to the left of the word "SHARE". And I have no prompt asking for the password(s).

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Mike, are you sure you're logged in with Chrome? From what you're describing you're getting a guest page. The like button won't appear for guests and you'll see a reply box with CAPTCHA. If you were to fill it out you'll be taken to the register page.