Blue overcast on Photos from HP8500 Premiere Pro

newbieswago

Help:: When I print a photo I get a blue overcast. I'm using a HP Officejet Premier Pro 8500. I can't change the printer managment on the printer. I'm learning Lightroom 3, and CaptrueNX2 and ViewNX2. Nothing I do changes the blue overcast.

fotojack

The printer you are using is not a photo printer. Photo printers use a photo specific ink, for instance, the HP Deskjet D2500 Photosmart printer.
[h=1][/h]

Carolina Photo Guy

I have used both and I find that HP is an ink hog and my Epson R1400 needs have the jets cleaned at least once a week,

which means that the inks need to be replace at an inordinate rate.

It has now been relegated to boat anchor status.

I am having my prints made through Costco.

fotojack

Kodak makes a good photo printer, with cheaper ink. If you plan on having a lot of pictures printed out, I would suggest you have them done by Costco or WalMart, as Pete suggests. Much cheaper.

GeneralSQL

I used to print my own until I found out how easy and inexpensive it is to take my images to Costco. You can get enlargements pretty cheap as well. I just printed a 16x20 for just under $5.00. I also now have ink in the printer for the kids homework. I used to drain the ink pretty fast and would forget to get new ink, so I would have to make the trek to Walmart at 11:30pm so they could turn in their work the next day.

Ruidoso Bill

I have a couple of the Kodak printers, pretty good bang for the buck, nice to pay 9 bucks for a black and 15 for a color. They are not high quality photo printers but they do a reasonably good job, I use nations in Maryland for printing, check them out.