Thank You!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

Thank you for making me a "member" from a 'junior member'. I am learning great things about photography here. I am glad that I chose to be a Nikonite. :)

ohkphoto

Snow White
Even though it changed automatically, you are most welcome, and I, for one, am so glad to have someone with your good nature and good manners on the forum. I especially enjoy seeing the improvement from photo to photo.

Keep up the good work, Tashi!

Sambr

Even though it changed automatically, you are most welcome, and I, for one, am so glad to have someone with your good nature and good manners on the forum. I especially enjoy seeing the improvement from photo to photo.

Keep up the good work, Tashi!

I guess that counts us out eh Pete :)

Tashi

I find the icon that appears when one presses the 'Like' button inappropriate. Please give a thought to the hand signal....the one where someone touches the tip of the thumb and the index finger to make a circle and the rest three remain just straight...

Mike150

Yes, I am serious.

.....but Pete isn't! ;)

Interesting that when I click the "LIKE" word (not button) for a post , I got a heart indication on that post, not the "OK" symbol.
At the top I see a button that allows me to LIKE the thread on facebook, but I see no other Like button.

Just a followup note. In come countries, the "OK" gesture is considered rude, bordering on offensive.

JoeLewisPhotography

There is so many things I can say right now, But I will keep my mouth shut at the risk of possibly "offending" someone. Give me a break.

Edit: Ohhh i know, change the magical "OK" symbol (that i don't see) into a middle finger. this way, you can offend everyone, worldwide, equally!

Last edited:

Carolina Photo Guy

Just for the heck of it I Googled "Okay" mouse pointer and got NO hits.

I then Googled "Middle Finger" mouse pointer and was inundated!

Kinda shows the priorities of the internet! :p

fotojack

Oh please! Let's drop the political correctness crap here! It's a photography forum. Someone always finds something to be offended about.. Like we don't have enough problems in the world, you find a little symbol offensive?? Give me a break! Here's the solution: don't click on the Like button/word/whatever. Let's keep with the photography theme here and not perceived offenses.
I find watermelon offensive, but do i bother anyone with it? No! Get over it and move on! Gawd that kind of crap makes me so angry!
There's probably things in other countries...including yours...that we find offensive, but do we mention it? No! Learn to get along with different cultures and we'll all get along. No culture is superior to another. The sooner everyone realizes this, the better the world will be.

Last edited:

ohkphoto

Snow White
I only see a heart when I press the like button. What symbol, the "thumbs up" ? Isn't that's what's on Facebook? Nobody seems to complain.

I'm with Joe . . . let's get that "middle finger" icon on there. I've been tempted to use it more than one time this week. :cool:

Browncoat

a-ok-sign-431.jpg

Just an FYI: The "A-OK" hand signal that a lot of western countries use as a symbol of approval has a very different meaning in other parts of the world, and is considered rude or even offensive. Similar to what we associate with "flying the bird" with the middle finger. This symbol has also been long associated with 666 and the New World Order and Illuminati. It has been used as hidden symbolism by many controversial entertainers, including the Beatles, Madonna, and Lady Gaga.

That said, when I click the "Like" button, the icon I see is a heart. So, maybe we should pass this one off to the bossman to see if there's some sort of translation issue associated with the icon that can be re-coded. I don't think we need to play to the lowest common denominator here, but at the same time, I don't think we want to offend half the world with a silly little icon, either.

JoeLewisPhotography

View attachment 6720

Just an FYI: The "A-OK" hand signal that a lot of western countries use as a symbol of approval has a very different meaning in other parts of the world, and is considered rude or even offensive. Similar to what we associate with "flying the bird" with the middle finger. This symbol has also been long associated with 666 and the New World Order and Illuminati. It has been used as hidden symbolism by many controversial entertainers, including the Beatles, Madonna, and Lady Gaga.

That said, when I click the "Like" button, the icon I see is a heart. So, maybe we should pass this one off to the bossman to see if there's some sort of translation issue associated with the icon that can be re-coded. I don't think we need to play to the lowest common denominator here, but at the same time, I don't think we want to offend half the world with a silly little icon, either.

Yep, no need to offend half the world with a silly little Icon....Lets do it with a GIANT picture of it!! LMAO

And I agree with Jack, which is why I opted to keep my mouth shut for the most part. Bottom line is, don't like it? Don't look at it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.