"Dear Santa. . ."

ohkphoto

Snow White
Dear Santa,

I've resorted to buying a weekly lottery ticket, so you do not have to bring me the D3x that I lust after. I would however appreciate a little help in the lottery department. If you could arrange for just 3-4 of the numbers to match, I would be very grateful. Even though I am saving monthly for my "object of desire", I will be 90 years old before I have enough. While I consider myself a patient person, it might be a little difficult to maneuver that camera while using a walker.

Sincerely,
"optimistically patient"
:cool::cool::cool:

Mike150

You know that with a couple of Automotive Hose clamps you can attach a standard monopod to your walker. That way, when you see a prospective shot, you can extend the monopod's telescoping legs and take your shot.

Just a note though. Get a Walker with a fold out seat so you can turn it around and rest your weary old bones now and then.

Carolina Photo Guy

Dear Santa...

Considering the massive effort that world peace is, why not just get Helene her D3x? That way NONE of us will have to pick her up from a tipped walker!

sincerely;

"too old to be picking up chicks!"

fotojack

I was at Best Buy today, picking up a new keyboard/mouse combo. My old one gave up the ghost. Later, I took a stroll over to the camera department to see what they had. I met a nice young woman who was a rep for Olympus. We began to talk. she was extolling the virtues of the new Pen model. I asked her what the ISO on it was. She had to look at the tag on the camera to see what it was! lol Plus, she didn't know exactly what ISO does. :) Story short.....I spent over an hour giving her a basic short course on the functions and differences of DSLR and point and shoot cameras, and how ISO, Aperture and Shutter work together. She was most grateful. :)
Oh...she had a nice polo shirt with the Olympus logo on it. ;)

fotojack

LOL. Guys......my point was.........even though she was representing her company, Olympus, she didn't know her product or much about digital photography or DSLR's.
The Olympus logo was over her left breast. I don't know what she called the other one. ;)

ohkphoto

Snow White
[QUOTEThe Olympus logo was over her left breast. I don't know what she called the other one.][/QUOTE]

NOW I got it, Jack! Pete, the "master of wit", explained it to me. Sorry. I guess I'm the one who forgot my meds this morning . . . at least my vitamins.

Well, we've gone from D3X to breasts. I would say this thread has derailed quite nicely :cool::cool::cool:

Mike150

In an effort to get the train back on the track...

Dear Santa,
I really don't want to ask you for anything. Specifically, don't bring me any of those Expensive Car and House repairs, Vet Bills or Doctor and Hospital Bills you were so abundently generous with in 2011.

Lee

Dear Santa,
I really don't want to ask you for anything. Specifically, don't bring me any of those Expensive Car and House repairs, Vet Bills or Doctor and Hospital Bills you were so abundently generous with in 2011.

I wonder if Santa would be willing to trade the value of the above for some nice B&H vouchers .... now those could be well spent