New Year Approaching

M.Hinch

Well with the new year approaching fast, have you contemplated on a new-years photography resolutions? I myself have come up with 3.

* fine tune my compositions

*working more with a ND filter

*try to create an emotion with my photos

What about yourself?

Michael

ohkphoto

Snow White
I've thought about it and here are my "resolutions"

1. I'm definitely doing a project365 because I think it's forced me to work through creative slumps --it's now a habit and is a great way to chart your progress or lack of it.
2. Expand subject and genre --shoot more of the things I don't do well or don't like.
3. Explore entering more serious competitions or exhibitions that require a cohesive portfolio or body of work.

. . .I'm thinking that should keep me pretty busy.

Last edited:

Browncoat

1. Explore and share personal work. 95% of the images I post here are things I do just for fun. The more creative photos, especially the controversial and conceptual work is kept to myself.

2. Invest more in the business. On the commercial side of things, I want to get more serious and put more effort into marketing. Word of mouth has taken me this far, and 2012 will be the year I hope to really start a targeted effort.

3. Gear. I need a few things to really get where I want to be creatively.

4. A meaningful project. I have a few things in the works for next year already, but this is something that is very important to me that I want to get done in the first quarter of 2012.

M.Hinch

So should I assume that by the lack of replies that most of you are satisfied with your photos? That there is nothing that you find needs to improve on, or try anew? Is there nothing
that by this time next year you would like to have completed photographically?

Michael

Carolina Photo Guy

Honestly Michael, I just didn't want to spend the next five hours listing all of my photographical faults.

I figure that everyone here KNOWS how many areas that I need to improve in. :cool:

Eye-level

Banned
I want to shoot more and work on my consistency concerning each and every snap...I have a big problem of just going and shooting not always taking the time to think every shot through...if I had a digital camera the counter would be at like 10000 in no time at all with 9985 of them being crap probably...lol

fotojack

I'd like to learn how to use Photoshop or Lightroom. Most of it makes no sense to me, so preferably I'd need someone sitting next to me and show me step by step. Even a book would be good to learn from, but up here the cost is prohibitive. Being retired, contrary to popular belief, does NOT mean being rich! :)

Mis Adam

1. Practice and focus more around portriat style and a tad less nature.
2. finish up my photography course
3. complete a small portfollio
4. do a 365 and stick to it.
5. Capture as much of the greater good of/in life.

kayte

My resolutions are:

-- to put an actual effort into my photography business, even if the goal is to just get a client that pays me. I need to work on getting stuff for indoor photography as well as working on my confidence in taking photos of other people.

-- to get out more with my camera. I did well this year but I would like to improve on that

-- to start a 365 and NOT give in when it doesn't work. Dunno what my issue is but I would like to follow through to the end.

Ruidoso Bill

I'd like to learn how to use Photoshop or Lightroom. Most of it makes no sense to me, so preferably I'd need someone sitting next to me and show me step by step. Even a book would be good to learn from, but up here the cost is prohibitive. Being retired, contrary to popular belief, does NOT mean being rich! :)

I'm with you Jack, my goal is to learn (and remember) more of photoshop. I now have CS5 and I follow neat online tutorials, next time I forget how to do it again. Maybe 3 X5 cards for each task and a small rolodex lol. I've learned Lightroom pretty well, no expert yet but I forced myself to use it always from download on and it does grow on you.

Hold me accountable Jack and I will do the same for you! If we need help we can bring in the big guns, you know, ask Helene!

fotojack

I'm with you Jack, my goal is to learn (and remember) more of photoshop. I now have CS5 and I follow neat online tutorials, next time I forget how to do it again. Maybe 3 X5 cards for each task and a small rolodex lol. I've learned Lightroom pretty well, no expert yet but I forced myself to use it always from download on and it does grow on you.

Hold me accountable Jack and I will do the same for you! If we need help we can bring in the big guns, you know, ask Helene!

LOL.....you got a deal, Bill! :) And yeah.........ask Helene! :)