Discounts on Photography products?

jody

Hey! Have you guys got any ideas on how to get really good discounts on photography products? The only site I know is Daily Deals for Photographers - PhotoWhoa, but the only problem I have with them is that they are a daily deals type site so the products aren't always fitting to my needs. Also they don't usually have deals on camera bodies/lenses and other physical equipment, which is what I really want.

Thanks for any advice and input!

LensWork

Also they don't usually have deals on camera bodies/lenses and other physical equipment, which is what I really want.

Bodies and OEM lenses have very little profit margin, so you probably are not going to find any better deals than what you can buy them for from B&H, Adorama, etc. If you do, be very wary. If a deal is too good to be true, it usually is.

After-market lenses, i.e. Sigma, Tokina, Tamron, etc. are more profitable than OEM lenses (this is why most salespeople will steer you toward them and away from Nikkors), so you may find some deals on these. It is the batteries, straps, bags/cases, after-market lenses and flashes, etc. that keeps the doors open at photo stores. If a store only sold bodies & OEM lenses, it would be out-of-business in short order.