Weekly Challenge Nov 23-Nov 30: Creative Flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohkphoto

Snow White
Weekly Challenge: Nov. 23 –Nov. 30
Creative Flash

Fotojack was the winner of the "Neon Lights" Weekly Challenge and issued the following challenge:.

Your challenge for the Week of
Nov. 23 –Nov. 30 is Creative Flash: OK, this week's challenge involves being creative with flash. Show me your creative side when using a Speedlight. No multiple Speedlights allowed, just one. Take a picture of anything you like....indoors or out......just be creative. Here's a really basic example:

flash.jpg

Be sure to visit the Weekly Challenge Rules & Guidelines for more information. This thread will be closed on Nov. 30 (midnight EDT)...so get those photos in!

The Rules

1. Photos must be posted to the thread in order to be considered for the challenge.
2. Any photo submitted for a weekly challenge must be taken during the dates specified in the challenge thread and taken by you!
Any photo will be accepted for the challenge. Edited/straight out of the camera, it does not matter. You are left with complete freedom to do whatever genre of photography you wish to do, and your own interpretation of the challenge subject.cause not all
EXIF data can be verified, we will use the honor system here.
3. Challenges will be judged solely by the winner of the previous week. There will be no individual voting.
4. Only one photo entry per member, for each challenge.

There will be no cash or prizes awarded for the Weekly Challenge, unless specifically noted by the site administrator. This is a member-run contest, and the purpose of the Weekly Challenge is to encourage member participation on the forums and to keep you taking pictures!

Browncoat

Maternity-039.jpg

"Baby Bump"

Camera info:
Nikon D300s
Manual mode
Shot on 11/24/11
1/250 @ f/13
ISO 200
Tamron 70-200mm f/2.8 (@ 70mm)

Lighting info:
Single LumoPro LP160 fired remote via PocketWizards
1/2 power @ 35mm
Westcott 43" umbrella (shoot-thru)
10x12 black backdrop

Rick M

I'm Glad Helene clarified the intent, after reading "creative flash", I was afraid a pic of Pete in a trenchcoat was soon to follow :eek:

teejay

Jeez - hardly worth entering after seeing Anthony's entry :) Will have to fire up the flash tomorrow...

JoeLewisPhotography

I will see your pregnant belly and raise you a cute kid with a magical gift.

KidsXmas2011AnnaRose.jpg

D700
50mm 1.4G
ISO 1250
1/50th
F/3.5
SB900 with Pocket Wizards

Last edited:

jcottone45

I am not going to get involved in a belly contest, I usually win!! But one day I'll figure how to post to the challenge so you'll see for yourselves.!!!

Johnathan Aulabaugh

psshh after that I am not even gonna try :) hell I would pick it over mine regardless of what I shot lol. Very well done
Still have not had time to participate in this. been focused on a heron pair building a nest and the wife is after me to get our family pics done for Xmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.