Issue with opening a RAW image clicked with D5100 with Photoshop CS5

daneb1729

Hi all,
I had newly bought a Nikon D5100 and also installed Photoshop CS5 but when I try to open a RAW image in Photoshop I get a error message "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document". I also have re-installed Photoshop CS5 a couple of times and also have installed the latest Camera Raw plug in but still get the same error.
Can anyone please help me out...

Thanks

Mike150

Photoshop CS-5 does not directly support RAW files. You'll will probably find that Bridge and Camera Raw got loaded with CS-5. Open Camera Raw, select the folder with the pictures. Select the photo and click Open

FoxRacer2

Before you select the file, right click and hit "Open With" and choose Photoshop CS5. This happened to me when I installed paintshop pro and I defaulted everything with that program...See if that helps

Browncoat

Photoshop can't open RAW files, they must be opened in Adobe Camera RAW.

ACR can be used from Bridge or Photoshop itself. With settings, you can choose how to process your files to either:
  • Open Bridge first, then import to ACR
  • Import directly to ACR
  • Both ways can export to Photoshop

Eduard

Super Mod
Staff member
Super Mod
I had newly bought a Nikon D5100 and also installed Photoshop CS5 but when I try to open a RAW image in Photoshop I get a error message "Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document". I also have re-installed Photoshop CS5 a couple of times and also have installed the latest Camera Raw plug in but still get the same error.
Can anyone please help me out...

If you send me a PM with one of your NEF files, I'll see if I have a problem opening it.