Focusing Issue using Tamron 70-200mm lens on D500

pablo1029

Wife recently surprised me with the D500 and a Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD ( A009N ). So far, I've not been able to get the lens to autofocus and I'm not sure if there is a camera setting I need to adjust in order to make it happen. I have the AF switch on both the lens and the camera,but no luck. I'm hoping for any info, tips, or suggestions. Thanks !

Bikerbrent

According a an Internet search for "D500 and a Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC", it should indeed work. Either the camera or lens has an issue, assuming you don't have something strange in your camera setup. You might to try a factory reset.

Yan Lauzon

Do you have access to a different body or a different lens? You could try the lens on another body, or a different lens on the body, to try and see if one is defective.

todd7500

So... if I may ask...
Its not autofocusing at all? Or is it autofocusing incorrectly?
I bought the same lens a couple of months ago, and it is taking me time to get used to it. Its way different than my 18 200 Nikkor VR
Its supposed to be a great lens though, so when you get it sorted, I am certain that you will be happy with it.
TW

Last edited: