Questions for Nikon?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
pma_ces.jpg
Nikonites is getting a chance to meet with Nikon at CES 2012 which takes place the first week of January. Nikon will have a much bigger presence at CES compared to last year since PMA is going to be at CES this year. Nikon will have their top products (and perhaps some new ones) on display. I thought it would be fun to bring them your questions!

Please submit your question below and "Like" any questions others submit that you would also like to know.
The top questions will be used during the meeting. Please ask questions that you can not easily find the answer to. If it's anything like last year they may not reveal very much about future products.

Browncoat

The consumer line of Nikon DSLRs has seen a complete revamp in recent years. Will 2012 be the year we finally get replacements for the D700 and D300?

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Can we expect to see updates on some of the Nikon lenses such as the Nikon 80-400mm, Nikon 17-55mm f2.8 DX, 50mm f1.2 and 70-200mm f4 VRII in the near future?

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
What's the future of CF cards with Nikon? Will they be replaced with SD in all models in the future?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I'll be taking all your (serious) questions to Nikon. If there are ones that they won't answer I'll ask Nikonrumors :)

evan

Banned
how about an explanation of why so many people had issues with the d7000 would be nice. i have been lucky so far. quite a number of other customers have not. some even report being fobbed off with poor advice and unsatisfactory fixes. totally unacceptable!

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
The consumer line of Nikon DSLRs has seen a complete revamp in recent years. Will 2012 be the year we finally get replacements for the D700 and D300?

They won't answer this question. They refuse to comment on future products - The D4 is out now and the D800 is expected, I know that much.

What is Nikon thinking with the Nikon 1 series?

A point & shoot priced higher than a DSLR???

I'll ask them if the price is expected to decrease in 2012

Can we expect to see updates on some of the Nikon lenses such as the Nikon 80-400mm, Nikon 17-55mm f2.8 DX, 50mm f1.2 and 70-200mm f4 VRII in the near future?

I know they won't comment on this.

Why aren't there any firmware updates for the D200?

I'll ask!

What's the future of CF cards with Nikon? Will they be replaced with SD in all models in the future?

I'll ask!

Will they be releasing new models with sensors that have a flash sync speed faster than 1/200, much like the D40/D70?

I'll ask!

how about an explanation of why so many people had issues with the d7000 would be nice. i have been lucky so far. quite a number of other customers have not. some even report being fobbed off with poor advice and unsatisfactory fixes. totally unacceptable!

The answer to that is simple. "We had some production issues early on, but they have now been corrected. We encourage any users with issues to follow the proper warranty procedures. We apologize for the inconvenience".

evan

Banned
do we really need a dslr with enhanced video capability? no, we need a dslr with the ultimate in still capability. if you want to shoot video, get a video camera! why not iron out the short comings of the d7000. ........ via a firm ware update, or via a recall? i have been lucky so far and have no issues. many people have a nightmare. please sort out their problems.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
do we really need a dslr with enhanced video capability? no, we need a dslr with the ultimate in still capability. if you want to shoot video, get a video camera! why not iron out the short comings of the d7000. ........ via a firm ware update, or via a recall? i have been lucky so far and have no issues. many people have a nightmare. please sort out their problems.

Their response "Yes", and what I said in the last post about the D7000. Btw, they did release a firmware update already although that didn't solve the focus issues that some were having.