What is a "BARGAIN"?

Carolina Photo Guy

Stormy Ocracoke.jpgBargain Blanket.jpgBargain Nikkor Lens.jpg

I LOVE a bargain! But what really is a bargain? To me, it has to be useful, in being used a LOT!
It also has to be cheap. Not 25% off cheap, but the "Oh crap, you paid how much for that?" cheap.

Here are a couple of my favorite bargains.

I was at Wally World last year rummaging around in the bargain bin and I found a packet that was good for a prepaid blanket made from your photo.

The blanket is 4.5 ft wide by 5 ft long. This is the blanket and the photo.

Cost was $5.00 w free shipping.

Regular price? $69.95 !!!

This lens is just a crappy little 35-80MM AF Nikkor lens. It takes very nice shots and is my usual walk around.

I found this online as part of a 35mm camera package for just $15.00 INCLUDING shipping!

Post your best bargains.

Make us all proud to be cheap and miserly!

:)

Last edited:

Just-Clayton

no but i am enjoying the 50mm till i get the af-s one in january. getting those 2 lenses has helped me to decide to get the 50mm afs over the 35mm.

Last edited:

fotojack

To me, a bargain is my D40, which I picked up for just over $100. Great little baby Nikon...........still takes great pictures, and i use it quite a bit.

Eye-level

Banned
I call that a bargain the best I ever had...the best I ever had!!!!

Gee Pete I didn't know they had lighthouses on Mars...LOL :)

That blanket wasn't a bargain that was a steal.

theregsy

D2x for £200, E series 50mm F1.8 for £45 best of all the Speedlight SB 80DX for £30, haven't paid more than £200 for any camera, no more than £125 for any of the lenses or anything else, most lenses under £60. Most useful Bargain was the 32Gb CF card for £45, worth every penny and always in use, will hold 1500 RAW images.

Biggest ever bargain, help and advice from Pro's that I have met during shoots and here, free! :)

Bukitimah

Hey guys, yet to even feel a bargain. Nikon isn't 'cheap' over here in Singapore. When we see good buy in eBay or Amazon, by the time we add in the shipping, it is no more bargain although still slightly cheaper was we can get here.

Lee

My Nikon D40 was also my bargain of the year. It was an action on eBay that closed at some absurd hour of the morning and being something of a nocturnal creature, I placed a bid "just for fun." I know, never do this ... I wasn't even planning on getting a DSLR, I was just thinking about it. Well in the morning I got so an email saying I had won the action. Also paid around $100 for it. It did come with a kit lens but that lasted all of 2 weeks before I had to replace it. Nonetheless, it was a double bargain for me, not just the price, but that little D40 became a very well loved companion and sparked my passion and interest in photography.

Rick M

My best overall bargin was divorcing my first wife for $1000.00, worth a million times that!

Another was picking up a like new 70-300vr for only $225 over the summer.

My most recent bargin: I sent a guy from Mars a print and he is painting a picture of it for free! They are artistic up there, but they don't seem to barter well :).

I'll add a picture as soon as it arrives, the rovers are running a bit slow these days.

Johnathan Aulabaugh

My best overall bargin was divorcing my first wife for $1000.00, worth a million times that!

Another was picking up a like new 70-300vr for only $225 over the summer.

My most recent bargin: I sent a guy from Mars a print and he is painting a picture of it for free! They are artistic up there, but they don't seem to barter well :).

I'll add a picture as soon as it arrives, the rovers are running a bit slow these days.

I can top that divorce cost. My ex wife wanted her car and a couch. the car ended up in my drive way anyways because she could not pay for it, the couch was worth maybe $50 and the total cost of the filing was nothing because I did not contest the divorce so besides signing my name, it was free lol.

Ironically I have a 70-300mm for sale right now but I just bought a 2x nikon teleconverter for $210 with free shipping, waiting for the mail man now. not a perfect cost but not bad.
My best bargain is probably my 86 toyota 4runner... Free. I was offered $4500 for it last summer in idaho, I enjoy it to much so I declined.

20111120_0785.jpg

Johnathan Aulabaugh

Ok the 2x teleconverter showed up today and after playing with it for a while I have to say that it is pretty dang nice. I had heard a lot of talk about it being a little soft on the 70-200 2.8 but comparing the 70-300 to the 70-200w/ the tele is pretty dang tough. Gonna play with it a little more and see what happenes