D7000 stock shortages

simonhodge

As i knew would happen stock seems to be running out. Amazon have put their price up and i noticed that Calumet and Jessops have no stock. Just typical as i still havent got all the money together for one and it now looks like i will have to wait a long time to get one :(

gqtuazon

Gear Head
Simon- typical law of supply and demand. Since the Nikon D7000 is manufactured in Thailand, it is safe to say that the supply will significantly go way down and the demand will continue to increase which translates to higher prices to those who still have them. It is a little complicated to use and requires a good learning curve in order to familiarize all of it's features. Sometimes most of the issues reported could be linked to operators error in most cases.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
It looks like Amazon has stock in the US and the price is the lowest it's been in a while. I guess it's a different case for Ireland?

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
I did some more searching and realized:
  • The body only on Amazon is out of stock - the still has the kit for $1,399
  • B&H is out of stock of body and kit
  • Adorama has both, but the price on body only has gone up to $1,299 w/ $100 instant rebate & the kit is $1,499 w/ $100 IR

Mike150

As I understand it, Thailand has had some very severe flooding. It has had an effect on all types of Manufacturing. This is causing a shortage of much more than cameras. It's also causing shortages of many parts I use at work making me struggle to find alternate sources.

I figure that by the time I save enough to buy a D7000, a new style will be available.