interval shooting

jonmagnar

If I set my D5100 to take for example 300 pictures it shuts down before it finish. Depending on the shutter speed I may not get more than 10pics before the camera goes into some sort of standby.

Anyone got any idea why?

fotojack

I'll start with the obvious here............is your battery fully charged? And did you set the Finish Time to the correct time in the Menu? Just throwin' things out there for ya. :)

Carolina Photo Guy

If I set my D5100 to take for example 300 pictures it shuts down before it finish. Depending on the shutter speed I may not get more than 10pics before the camera goes into some sort of standby.

Anyone got any idea why?

My gut feeling is that you may have gotten your battery wet at some point in time.

What that will do is cause a short across the power terminals. If the battery is only dampened, it will do the same thing,
it just won't be as severe. An internal short will markedly decrease battery life.

Just a thought.

fotojack

Hi

Thanks for your reply..
Yep battery filled up and even if I set the camera to take 300pics it may only take 50..

I don't mean how many pictures you set it for. I'm talking about the Start/Finish time. For instance........start time = 9PM....finish time = 10PM. Have you checked that out in the Menu?