Nikon 1 V1

Eye-level

Banned
Well it looks like Nikon has jumped on the bandwagon with a micro camera with interchangeable lenses. This is the first I have heard of the system. Anyone know anything about these things? 2.5 crop factor...wow that is a tiny sensor. I don't know if I like the built in viewfinder or not. I wonder if there will be some sort of f mount adapter - now if they did that I would definately be interested.

Nikon 1 V1 Camera | Compact Camera System

Sambr

I played with both the V1 & J1(J1 has viewfinder) I suppose they are okay for a point & shoot - way too expensive the J1 is almost $1000.00 in Canada. What I did order is the Fuji X10 with a 24-112mm 2.0-2.8 has a view finder great little camera this will be my travel camera.

Eye-level

Banned
I'm reading a bunch of mixed reviews...it is sort of fascinating actually... :)

The Fuji X10 has to be the best looking camera made today bar none...

AndyE

May I recommend to use the camera for an assessment.
You won't be able to grasp the responsiveness, versatility and speed just by reading reviews.I got my set a month ago (both bodies and all 4 lenses) . After 4.000 photos I must say, I am impressed (and look forward how the System 1 evolves)

Some images shot with the J1 are here: nikonj1 Photo Gallery by AndreasE at pbase.com
2 articles written about my experience in the Masai Mara are here:
1) With the Nikon 1 System in the Masai Mara « Andy E.'s Photo Blog
2) A further look into the Nikon System 1 « Andy E.'s Photo Blog

regards,
Andy

Blog: Andy E.'s Photo Blog

Eye-level

Banned
Hello Andy I am very glad you have responded and that is a great blog you have. I think the Nikon 1 system is a very very interesting development. I think I am going to get into the "way more than a P&S" boat on this one. I have been waiting for the Nikon mirrorless and the F mount adapter for a while now. Better start saving my money I guess.

If you can mount a 28/2.8 AIS to a small black Nikon digital body about the size of a pack of cigarettes and have an effective focal length of about 75mm I am in... :)

Last edited:

Carolina Photo Guy

Its kinda funny. I was in Target this afternoon while my best 2/3 rds was getting a repaint on the hair and I found a Nikon 1 Display.

You wouldn't believe how many colors that sucker comes in! But ALL they had were the Js. There was not a single V to be seen!

And they had the price of the Nikon 1 J at $599.99 with 1 lens. Sitting next to it was a D3100 with the 18-55 AFS lens for...

You guessed it. $599.99.

God love 'em.

Last edited:

gav329

Andy's blog I think maybe answered a few suspicious minds. Some fabulous photos from the Nikon 1.

Great article too.

Gav

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sambr

I'm reading a bunch of mixed reviews...it is sort of fascinating actually... :)

The Fuji X10 has to be the best looking camera made today bar none...

I love my X10 it does everything I expected it to do and then some. I am not foolish enough to compare it to my D700 however it blows away the S95 that I had.