Electronic Flash Unit Issues with my D7000

jonmcjunkin

Hey all,

I'm new here and should start by saying hello and you can call me Jon! But I have a pretty serious question for you and I need help ASAP!

Last summer, I bought an Olympus OM10 film camera with a set of lenses that came with an electronic flash. And I gave that flash a shot on my D40 that I had at the time and it worked absolutely flawlessly. So I even went on a few shoots and it really added a different appeal to my photos, one that I could not have achieved with the pop-up flash.

But I sold my D40 and moved onto my D7000. Now with this camera, the very same flash just won't work the same. I don't know much about the bracketing, but I played with it and it still didn't help. It's odd and I can't figure out a way of fixing it because it doesn't matter if my lens is aimed at a 0, 45, 65, or 90 degree angle, it still has the same effect.

It will only show the flash at the top half of the image, and not the whole thing. I don't know where to go from here and I absolutely need to get this to work since I will be working on my portfolio for college.

awauec.jpg

jonmcjunkin

Can you post EXIF data of this picture?
Whats your shutter speed?

Shutter: 1/1600
F1.8
ISO160
Focal Length: 35mm

Upon playing around with the camera more and changing my aperture and shutter accordingly, which I felt you may have been implying, I figured out the problem. That was such a simple fix, I was just thinking too complexly to think of it. Thank you for the help! I appreciate it and now I can continue to work on my portfolio! :p

Ranie

Now, I know why your picture looks that way
Your shutter speed is way to high for your flash.
Why try shooting it again at shutter speeds below 200.

Just-Clayton

same thing happened to me and i was going to say the same thing. the camera usually stops at 200 but for some reason my camera didnt sync with my flash and it was allowing me to use higher speeds. hence the half picture.