Shooting with high speed shutter and godex 860v

eng_samy

Is there any work around solution to shoot pictures using my D5300 and Godex flash 860 v with high speed shutter 1/1000 for example?
Since D5300 doesn't support high speed sync HSS.
Please help

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Horoscope Fish

Is there any work around solution to shoot pictures using my D5300 and Godex flash 860 v with high speed shutter 1/1000 for example?
Short answer is, no... Because, as you've pointed out, the D5300 does not support HSS.

If you tell us more specifically what it is you're trying to accomplish, though, we might be able to help you get there.

eng_samy

Short answer is, no... Because, as you've pointed out, the D5300 does not support HSS.

If you tell us more specifically what it is you're trying to accomplish, though, we might be able to help you get there.
I need to shoot pictures using flash light in sunlight,
And i need to control the light with shutter speed...and i need at the same time to isolate the background so i can't control the bright using the AP size..i have to keep it as wider as much 3.5 for example.
I was trying to find a solution to shoot with a flash in very bright confitions in general.

Last edited:

RocketCowboy

I need to shoot pictures using flash light in sunlight,
And i need to control the light with shutter speed...and i need at the same time to isolate the background so i can't control the bright using the AP size..i have to keep it as small as much 3.5 for example.
I was trying to find a solution to shoot with a flash in very bright confitions in general.

An ND filter might be your best bet for lowering your shutter speeds while keeping your aperture wide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Horoscope Fish

An ND filter might be your best bet for lowering your shutter speeds while keeping your aperture wide.
Excellent suggestion. Something like an ND8 (three-stop reduction) would probably work.

Three stops is quite a bit and you'd be able to use Auto-focus and frame the shot with the filter attached.