D7000 Firmware update (v1.03)

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
UPDATE 8/22/2014: The latest firmware is 1.04 and can be downloaded here: https://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/19174/~/d7000-firmware-a:-1.04-/-b:1.05

Fixes in the Nikon D7000 v1.03 firmware updated
Download it here
  • An error recognizing some memory cards has been addressed.
  • The following issues occurred when the mode dial was rotated from U1 or U2 to another shooting mode or from another shooting mode to U1 or U2 when the power was off or when the exposure meters are off (Auto meter-off). These issues were resolved.
    • A new folder is sometimes created despite the fact that the current folder does not yet contain 999 files and none of the files are numbered “9999”.
    • The number of remaining exposures may not be displayed as specified in the settings.
    • The setting for Role played by card in Slot 2 may change between Overflow, Backup, and RAW Slot 1- JPEG Slot 2.
  • An issue where Battery info in the setup menu sometimes showed sufficient remaining charge even when the remaining charge for the AA batteries inserted in the MB-D11 battery pack was low has been resolved.
  • An issue where a saved photo may not have been displayed properly when a movie was displayed in playback mode while saving the photo has been resolved.
  • An issue where zoom in or zoom out may not have performed properly when the playback zoom in or playback zoom out button was pressed while in Live view has been resolved.
  • The message displayed when the internal memory of the Wireless Transmitter WT-4 is formatted from the Format transmitter’s memory under Device settings in Wireless transmitter of the camera’s setup menu was changed from Done to Built-in memory formatted.

SpaceFly

Hi
As I am new to the D7000 and this forum, I would like to ask a Question, How do I install the new updated firmware, my camera shows these results when I check what is installed:-
A=1.02
B=1.02
L=1.002

regards

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Hi
As I am new to the D7000 and this forum, I would like to ask a Question, How do I install the new updated firmware, my camera shows these results when I check what is installed:-
A=1.02
B=1.02
L=1.002

regards

From the link above:

Basic Firmware Upgrade Instructions
Power the camera from AC adapter unit or use a fully charged battery.
  1. Create a new folder with an appropriate name on your computer's hard drive.

2. Download the Windows (.EXE) or Macintosh (.DMG) file from the links at the bottom of this page to the folder created in step 1.
  3. Run the downloaded file to create a folder called D7000Update which contains the firmware D7000_0103.bin file.
  4. Use a card reader or similar device to copy the D7000_0103.bin file to the root directory of a formatted SD memory card.
  5. Insert the memory card into the camera's memory card slot and turn on the camera. If the camera has dual memory card slots, insert the card into slot 1.
  6. Select Firmware version from the camera's setup menu and follow instructions displayed to upgrade the firmware.
    *When the D7000 A firmware is already version 1.02, “1.02” is displayed for both “Current” and “New”.

7. After the upgrade is complete, turn the camera off and remove the memory card.
  8. Access the Firmware version item in the camera's setup menu to confirm that the firmware has been upgraded.
  9. After confirming the firmware version, turn the camera off and leave it off for five seconds or more before using it.

SpaceFly

jdeg

Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded ver 1.03 and placed the D7000_0103.bin file on the SD card that has been formatted in the D7000.

I am now waiting for my battery too fully charge, then off I go. From what I have been reading some people are scared of doing this upgrade and others not, the addage "if it ain't broke don't fix it"

regards

Skribbles

I updated to this a little while ago but have found that since then I have had a problem with exposures.

For starters, I normally use all manual settings and occasionally use auto ISO.

I do use the auto meter bit on the view finder to help with what settings to choose to get a good exposure (or atleast one that I like/want) but have found that since updating this is all over the place, if I set it up to be fair smack on the middle line it will either be very over/under exposed, nothing like what it suggests it should be or what I am expecting.

Even when using auto ISO with manual settings (I have it to cap at ISO 1600), a fair few of my pictures come out all over the place, and when looking at the information, the ISO is not at 100 or 1600 so its not caused by limitations.

A couple of times I have used exposure compensation which I may find to work for a few pics then the same issue is back, either very under/over exposed.

Is this something I'm doing or is there something else at play here?

Kamesh

Dear all,
When I check the firmware on my D7000 bought 10 days back, it shows the following:
A=1.02
B=1.03
L=1.002

All okay?

emoxley

Dear all,
When I check the firmware on my D7000 bought 10 days back, it shows the following:
A=1.02
B=1.03
L=1.002

All okay?
Yes, you're good to go.

I tried to update mine, but it wouldn't. My firmware says........
A:1.02
B:1.02
L:1.002

I'm thinking it didn't because my A is already 1.02, but I sent Nikon an email asking them. I also asked them if I could update just the B. We'll see what they say.

vindex1963

I just updated to the latest firmware and I though the "L" was supposed to update to 2.000 but it went to 1.009. The "L" is a new one for me.

Physoc

The 'L' update is the lens distortion control firmware update, not major firmware. It's to allow for the new lens products.