Mystery Lens Magically Appears :: Nikon 24mm f/2.8D

Horoscope Fish

Okay, this is weird...

Earlier this morning I was going through my storage-only camera bag (where I keep less used items I don't want to tote around in my everyday bag) in prep for a shoot tomorrow. Suddenly I find a Nikon 24mm f/2.8D that I swear I've never seen before. I do not remember purchasing this lens or having ever used it. It has a nifty (steel!) lens hood both caps and looks brand new. I really have no need for a 24mm prime, my Tammy 24-70mm has that covered. It's such small lens I can see it getting lost easily, but...

*scratching my head*

It's probably just a sign of getting older but I'm thinking I'm going to walk away quietly, check the bag again tomorrow and see what else magically appears. A couple new triggers would be nice. If anyone else is interested in purchasing a similar Magic Camera bag, you're in luck: it's a cheap, $20 Amazon Basics backpack-style bag I bought some years ago. I can not promise Magical Properties, however. :(

Postscript: Having just taken a few test shots with it, this tiny little guy seems like a pretty nifty prime! Not fantastic in my opinion, but very, very good!

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
I'll bet that the other guy you were shooting with in the past still wonders what happened to his 24mm prime. Ha!!

Horoscope Fish

You all really have me thinking now. And that's not good, not good at all. Each and every one of you should know that by now.

*wracking my brain*

I can't afford assistants/second shooters and it's definitely not Jesi's lens; after she latched on to my Sigma 35mm Art that's pretty much all she shoots... If it was in my daily carry bag that would be one thing but in my spare?? I'm seriously stumped.

Jip

Be happy it's the 24mm and not the 28mm I've read the 24mm AF-D is a lot better than the 28mm AF-D optically! :)

Blacktop

I don't know much about the 24mm AF-D lens, but my 20mm AF-D is an awesome little lens. ( Don't really remember why I have it up for sale :indecisiveness:) Especially when you don't want to lug a lot of stuff around. It fits in your pocket easily for a "just in case I need a wide angle lens" situation.