Love how sharp this camera is

ccoulson

I took this indoors, ISO 1000, no flash. And I LOVE how clear the crystals in her headband and her hair are. I have done no post processing.... no sharpening for the web (its sharper in person than here i had to resize the photo to upload)
This photo is of nothing and will be used for nothing but I just love how sharp and clear the images I can get are. And at an ISO of 1000. My last camera was so grainy at 800, i could hardly get photos indoors!!
Love my camera.

157m4j4.jpg

Eye-level

Banned
OK now that we have all of that out of the way...what kind of glass made that picture???

Great pic BTW I see what you mean... :)

Last edited:

Obir

Glad you're enjoying your camera.
The Nikkor 35mm 1.8 lens is the one I keep on mine most of the time.
I'm assuming you're shooting jpeg, right?
Are you applying any in-camera sharpening?
Just curious:)

ccoulson

I think that I have upped the sharpening in standard mode. I'm just not sure what I set it to. I can check when i get home! I rarely take my 35mm off! I do shoot in Jpeg simply because I don't care for lightroom and don't have anything else to convert! I would love to start shooting in raw, however!

Last edited by a moderator:

ccoulson

Well, Im sure it has a lot to do with it, but after using that lens for a year on my d3000. The image quality and sharpness is MUCH improved. I never got these kinds of images with my poor little 3000. Esp Indoors.

Tough Crowd