Joining the D90 Group :-)

Lee

Hi

I'm new on here (and should probably go and introduce myself first!) but I just purchased a D90 today and I am too excited to not tell anyone. :D I can't wait for it to arrive. I am currently a D40 owner and going to have to sell it to pay towards my new purchase. I feel like a bit of a traitor to my faithful, first DSLR!

I have been enjoying reading all the threads filled with advice. I think I am going to settle onto this forum quite nicely ;)

M.Hinch

Congratulations Lee on your new purchase. Looking forward to seeing some pics with the new camera. Also welcome to Nikonites. A lot of great people here willing to share wisdom and tales.

Michael

Last edited:

Lee

Thanks Michael. I am still very much a beginner in the photography world so any pictures I share initially are going to be for constructive criticism and advice, I suspect. I have no Photoshop or any good editing software. Perhaps a mixed blessing as it makes me stop and think before I hit the shutter a lot of the time.

I just want the camera to hurry up and get here now! ;)

fotojack

Welcome to Nikonites, Lee. I'm sure you're going to like it here. We have a philosophy of having fun while taking pictures. :) Congrats on the new camera. Too bad you can't keep the D40 as your backup. It's still a great little camera.

p.s. Just sell the body, not the lenses. You'll need it/them for your D90. :)

Lee

Welcome to Nikonites, Lee. I'm sure you're going to like it here. We have a philosophy of having fun while taking pictures. :) Congrats on the new camera. Too bad you can't keep the D40 as your backup. It's still a great little camera.

p.s. Just sell the body, not the lenses. You'll need it/them for your D90. :)

Thanks Jack

Sorry, laptop battery issues have had me offline for a day or so!! Well my new friend has arrived! Yes, I did buy body only and will only be selling the D40 body. Now the good news is so good it has me a bit concerned. My D40 has always given me a challenge with indoor photography in that I find the built in flash gives dreadful results. Now it may just be the ways I kept trying to set it but I just got into the habit of always carrying my external flash with me and it is fine. Last night I had to test the D90 and make sure it's all working and everything is in order. I took the same general purpose 18-105 lens from my D40 (I think it comes as kit lens with the D90 kit) and put it on the new camera. Set for indoor as I usually do but never even thought to attach the flash gun. Beautiful results with the built in flash! I played around adjusting settings and using different rooms with different lighting and the images are lovely. My concern is now that I want to sell the D40 body, is the D90 just so much better or is my D40 needing a service or help first? I need to advertise honestly.

Lee

By the way, I do wish I could keep the D40. I found myself feeling a deep wave of sadness and almost a sense of betrayal as I started collecting all the accessories to go with it. It's going to be hard to say goodbye!

belinda

Welcome Lee,
Your going to like this site it's is full of helpful people and a lot of information. I'm a beginner as well, so it's nice to have a place like this to come to..
I love my D90!!
Happy shooting, Belinda

Lee

Welcome Lee,
Your going to like this site it's is full of helpful people and a lot of information. I'm a beginner as well, so it's nice to have a place like this to come to..
I love my D90!!
Happy shooting, Belinda
Hi Belinda
Thank you for your warm welcome. I do indeed feel very welcome here. I have been away from online activity for a few weeks due to a bit of a rough start to the year, but what better way to turn things around than to get out my camera again and get chatting with all the fun folk on the Nikonites forum?!!! :)

9'sweet

Hi Lee and everyone,
I am about to have my D90 too by this evening...once getting to read thru this D90 forum I found is very interesting where everybody is seem to be helpful with all the tips and advise, espeacilly for newbie like me. So, I am very pleased to join this D90 group.

Photowyzard

Hi Lee,

Digital cameras, like computers, become obsolete over a period of time. They also depreciate substantially as they get older, even if not used.

SELL IT!

The D90 is so much more superior and even now, it is going to start showing its age as the next wave of Nikon technology hits the market. In the old days of film, you could hang onto your body. Now that everything is electronic, my advise is sell it quick and don't look back.

len

Hi All: Joined Nikonites few days ago thought I'd pop on here to introduce myself: Had my D90 couple of years now upgraded from D40 never looked back: only thing now is I have to use right angled viewfinder as I can't kneel on floor for flower and macro shots...wish nikon would do D90 with articulated rear screen...here's hoping :)