Tip for using SnapBridge

grandpaw

To start off with I will say that Snapbridge works great for me.

If you plan on going out shooting and have any intentions of using Snapbridge to transfer images to your phone be sure and take an empty card and NOT one with a lot of images already on it. Your camera will load everything that is on your card in the camera to your phone so make it easy on yourself when using Snapbridge and hasve as few images on your card as you can, this will greatly lessen the number of images that you will have to load on your phone to pick from so you can send it to a friend or post them on the web. Your camera will send everything on the card both new and old to your phone so you can pick which ones to keep and if you have taken a few just recently while you are out and they are on the card by themselves they will load the thumbnails on your phone much faster and there will be fewer to choose from so you can select the ones you want to download to your phone quicker. As far as I know everything on the card will load to your phone in thumbnails for so you can choose which ones you want to keep and what size file you want them to be.

Daniel Aegerter

Good tips, but there's a way not to have it as you describe.

You are able to turn off the auto upload of all pictures on the card to the phone (and automatic upload of all pictures taken).
It is then possible to select the pictures you want to transfer to the phone on the camera.
Otherwise, my phone would run out of memory very fast each time I go out and shoot.

jc32750

Good tips, but there's a way not to have it as you describe.

You are able to turn off the auto upload of all pictures on the card to the phone (and automatic upload of all pictures taken).
It is then possible to select the pictures you want to transfer to the phone on the camera.
Otherwise, my phone would run out of memory very fast each time I go out and shoot.

Do you happen to know how to do this? I know how to pick what pics I want but the problem is, every time I go to send a picture (or whatever it's called) all the pictures are selected. I would rather have no pictures selected then pick the ones I want to send. I use the D500...

Daniel Aegerter

Do you happen to know how to do this? I know how to pick what pics I want but the problem is, every time I go to send a picture (or whatever it's called) all the pictures are selected. I would rather have no pictures selected then pick the ones I want to send. I use the D500...

Ok, that's how I do it:
- automatic download deactivated
- image playback
- switch to the SD card (that's where my jpegs are) 'OK' and 'UP' keys to select that
- on the image I want to transfer push the i-Button and choose 'send to smart device' (I guess that's the name)

And voila, only the images chosen by you will be transferred.

As stated above, that's my workflow. Maybe it's a little bit helpful to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk