Sensor cleaning options in menu

Dawg Pics

EDIT: Got the change save figured out now, and it appears to be doing something. My D300 sounded like a high pitched squeak when it was working. This one has a barely audible pulsing noise kind of like a dull clicking. I had to take the lens off to hear it.

My D500 does not seem to save the selection. Anybody else having this issue?
If I select any of the cleaning options and then press "ok" to save, the menu still shows 2 dashes, and the camera doesn't appear to perform the function.

If I select, "clean now" it seems to do the cleaning because it shows the, "busy" message.

Just checking here first before I take it to the Nikon doc.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Blacktop

My D500 does not seem to save the selection. Anybody else having this issue?
If I select any of the cleaning options and then press "ok" to save, the menu still shows 2 dashes, and the camera doesn't appear to perform the function.

If I select, "clean now" it seems to do the cleaning because it shows the, "busy" message.

Just checking here first before I take it to the Nikon doc.

Thanks.

Are you trying to get the cam to clean on every start up, or am I not understanding the "save" part of your post?

Roy1961

Contributor
mine worked ok, when i selected Clean image sensor i get the options clean now or clean at startup/shutdown, selected the latter and all is good.

Dawg Pics

@Roy1961

Crap, mine will not save the option. I will try a reset, but I doubt that will do anything.
Maybe I need to go back through all of the menu items to make sure nothing else is acting weird. That is how I found this problem initially.

nickt

On my d7200, the highest level menu always says --. I have to go one level deeper and the selected option is shown. I have start-up and shutdown selected. I only see 'busy' if I do a 'clean now'. No indication of anything happening on startup/shutdown. Do you see your choice if you go one deeper? Maybe normal to not see any indication on startup/shutdown.

Dawg Pics

@nickt

Yes, I was just playing with it and discovered the changes show in the second screen. That is what I get for messing with the camera late in the day. Thanks for confirming that.

bikeit

Im trying to set up my D500 to clean sensor at shut down but i cant seem to get the option on/off only see off, can someone offer any help please?