Years Later, Lawsuit Seeks to Recreate a Wedding

LensWork

Unbelievable :eek:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/03/n...e-creation-of-wedding-after-divorce.html?_r=2

This is precisely why I stopped shooting weddings more than fifteen years ago (not that I was ever sued), just it seems like no matter how hard you try, and no matter how well you think the shoot went, you can never please everyone, and some cannot be pleased no matter what. Weddings are just too much of a PITA. My hat is off to those that earn their living shooting weddings.

ohkphoto

Snow White
just it seems like no matter how hard you try, and no matter how well you think the shoot went, you can never please everyone, and some cannot be pleased no matter what.

I agree. I like shooting weddings, but I screen my clients and certainly don't take everyone. I think this guy needs therapy . . . has some serious "displacement" issues and the poor photographers are just scapegoats.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
People like that make me so incredibly mad. He's obviously grasping at straws and throwing money around just because he can. I would bet that either she cheated on him or wanted to because he had his head so far up his ass he apparently couldn't get anything done in an appropriate and timely manner. One would assume he also suffers from micro phallus disease and feels the need to feel larger than everyone to satisfy himself.

jengajoh

Wow, that is beyond ridiculous. There is certainly something wrong with this guy. I mean... seriously? He's not even married anymore!

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Wow, that is beyond ridiculous. There is certainly something wrong with this guy. I mean... seriously? He's not even married anymore!

There is also something wrong with the judicial system. Seems to easy to sue for almost no reasons. Maybe I should start a new paying website " Sue for fun dot com" :(

theregsy

I am glad that I live in the UK! LOL But at the moment my wife and I are watching through all 5 series of Boston Legal and I was literally just thinking that the truth is certainly stranger than fiction and Boston Legal is most certainly very strange fiction.

Glad I don't do weddings :)

fotojack

LOL! I'd be telling this guy....."good luck with that!".
This dude needs some serious couch time. Need a little extra cash? Sue someone......for whatever reason! Un-friggin'-real! But I'm not really surprised. The US is the most litigious country in the world.

silvertip

If the "bride" does come back from Latvia and goes through with the "recreation wedding" does that make them legally married again and then will they want another divorce and sue the new photographer again because the photographer did not get a certain picture and then does he want to recreate another wedding. And the ball goes around and around. The judge should dismiss the lawsuit and tell him to get a life.

Rick M

I am glad that I live in the UK! LOL But at the moment my wife and I are watching through all 5 series of Boston Legal and I was literally just thinking that the truth is certainly stranger than fiction and Boston Legal is most certainly very strange fiction.

Glad I don't do weddings :)

Loved that series! crazy but funny!

Browncoat

Let me see if I got this straight:

The groom's profession is listed as "equity research analyst". In layman's terms, he's a mortgage fixer...someone who finds defunct home loans and pimps them out to the highest bidder. In 2003 when he got married, I'm sure he was living high on the hog. Enter the current mortgage collapse, and now Mr. Downtown Manhattan is dead broke.

He files a baseless lawsuit because he's probably still ticked that his trophy wife left him for some other schmuck (who's still able to earn a living) so that he can probably pay the alimony he owes her.

Ya, that sounds about right.

jdeg

^ broke something
Staff member
Let me see if I got this straight:

The groom's profession is listed as "equity research analyst". In layman's terms, he's a mortgage fixer...someone who finds defunct home loans and pimps them out to the highest bidder. In 2003 when he got married, I'm sure he was living high on the hog. Enter the current mortgage collapse, and now Mr. Downtown Manhattan is dead broke.

He files a baseless lawsuit because he's probably still ticked that his trophy wife left him for some other schmuck (who's still able to earn a living) so that he can probably pay the alimony he owes her.

Ya, that sounds about right.

ah, you're right - he probably is broke now. I didn't think of that.

Carolina Photo Guy

When I got my divorce, I was so glad that I burned ALL of the wedding pictures! I sure as hell don't want any of that mistake re-created!!

Just goes to show that you can't fix stupid! :p

Browncoat

Such a shame to burn all those wedding photos, Pete. All those bitter memories up in flames...

I found that tearing mine up into tiny little pieces and then burning them was much more gratifying.

kayte

I agree...with my ex, I wanted to burn the wedding photos (tho, kinda hard when the only copy of them is on Facebook, lol, don't ask) and here he's wanting to bring the ex and family back so he can just have photos of what didn't last? is he smoking something good? waste of money and use of the legal system...and shame to the judge who is actually letting this go forward...

Sambr

This is a case when a violin case carring, pointy shoes and bulge under the armpit type a guy would come in handy as a friend. :)