Need help deciding best Nikon for video

matt.vkm

Hey guys, new to the forums, I felt this was a good place to get some experienced user insight, which is exactly what I need as I've been bouncing around on choices for the past 6 months.

I'm a semi-pro automotive and industrial photographer doing commercial work. I mostly focus on photography, a lot of stationary objects but sometimes motorsports and other action.
I need the ability to do 4k video at 60fps, ideally more but 60 will do.
I want to run the rig on a Ronin-m I have. Autofocus is something Nikon has always lacked in for video and it's quite frustrating. Sony has this down and it's amazing.

I don't want to jump ship to Sony, I hate how they feel and their battery life ect, I love my Nikons. It just makes me sad Nikon isn't very good with video.

The crop on the D500 for 4k video is a big issue, I want to shoot wide. I'm willing to spend some money to invest in a body, but I'm not sure which to go with. My issue is I have all Nikon gear and some nice glass. If i were to jump to say a Sony a6500 for 4k video with autofocus, i'm looking at new glass and the issue of having to learn 2 camera systems.
I say a6500 because it will basically only be used when I need to do video so i'm not going with some like a A7s, if i do that, I might as well sell all my Nikon stuff and go Sony.

I have looked into the GH4 with a speedbooster and Nikon lenses for 4k no crop video, but adding the expensive speedbooster, it's about 2500 and I dont get continuous non-hunting autofocus for video.
a6500 is looking pretty good, I could probably handle getting 1 decent quality, wide lens for it and stop at that, but it seems like a waste.

I want a Nikon that can handle high quality video. Sadly no Nikon I know of has continuous non-crappy video autofocus.

Maybe I should have went Canon?

Help please!

Thanks,
Matt