Hi from England

Tadpaul

Hello, I have been a long time lurker to this forum, and thought it was time to make it official.
I had a D40X for the past 10 years, and when my 55-200 developed a focus fault, I knew it was time to upgrade.
WOW, how things have advanced in those short 10 years, even though I am happy with my D40X, I guess I got
the urge to upgrade. After much hooing and haaing I've settled on the D5500 with 18-140 kit lens.
Took it out to Betwys Y Coed in Wales for the day, along with my favourite subject, our Grandson. At 19 months he can be a handful,
but he behaved impeccably. When I sent some "snaps" to his Mum she showed them at work, and someone even commented "are they professional pics"
I know its hilarious, the only upside is the wife thinks its a great purchase, winner.:)
Hopefully I've managed to upload 2 of my favourites.

Paul

Attachments

• DSC_0204 (2).jpg
    DSC_0204 (2).jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC_0086 (2).jpg
    DSC_0086 (2).jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 92
Welcome to the forum.

If you fill out your profile and add the camera gear we can better answer any questions that you might have.
You can do that at http://nikonites.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

Under camera just put the model number D5500; Once you put the first letter like D you will see a list of all the cameras in the database pop up. The more numbers you put in the smaller the list becomes. When you see your camera just click on it, Be sure to click on "Save Changes" in the lower right corner.

Thanks

Fortkentdad

Hello from Canada - and welcome to Nikonites. Glad you moved out of the lurker state.

Ten years in tech is a long time - lots of change in the digi-cam world. I have a D5100 and am thinking of upgrading that one to the newest D5XXX .... someday. Love that tilty swivel screen. My wife tends to shoot with this one, she loves the size in her hands. If you are looking to add a lens the one that gets most play on our D5100 is the Dx 35mm 1.8. If you get a chance to give that one a whirl try it out. Pure magic. Primes are not for everyone - they rely on the old two foot zoom, need to zoom out, take two steps back, but it is oh so nice.