• DSC_1014.jpg
    DSC_1014.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 583
  • DSC_1015.jpg
    DSC_1015.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 505
Last edited:

Johnathan Aulabaugh

I dont mind the Grass but the vignette is a little much. A lighter vignette or even just using the burn tool to lightly darken the shadows around it would have drawn the eye enough IMO

Carolina Photo Guy

That looks just like a 375 horse 350 out of a '67 model Chevelle SS

Johnathan, take a look at the thermostat housing, coolant pump and the distributor.

The rocker covers are dual vented because the engine is over square and has a lot of blowby.

Hell, he's still using the old style oil pressure sender!

Still, its not too bad. :)

Johnathan Aulabaugh

Looks like a standard small block 350 to me to but IDK. it could be ground and stroked. I have always gotten a kick out of the high rise edelbrock intakes. I had an old 78 High Sierra with a ground out 350 and t400 that would do wheel stands. near got me pulled over every weekend. Just a shame to put a 350 in a ford with options like the 351 modified as an option, but thats just my opinion. granted the 350 is dirt cheap and easy as heck to work on.

Ruidoso Bill

He bought the truck like that, engine was built in Denver, he is asking $24,000 for the truck. It is not very drivable, lots of cam.

I think he said bored and stroked to get the 406 cubic inches.

Last edited:

Johnathan Aulabaugh

28000? Seems a tad steep to me. I have been seeing some really cool rides for that. Numbers matching cameros for 23, chargers going for 15. Just some rediculously low prices on dang nice classics.

AxeMan - Rick S.

Bill, nice pictures. I'll have to agree with everyone else, maybe a little lighter on the vignette, but if your client is happy it doesn't matter. Lets all remember this is posted in the General Photography Forum not the Photo Critique Forum. Thanks for sharing your work.

As for the truck itself, I was disappointed when I saw the engine, visually I was expecting more? But if this bad boy is putting out 560 hp it's all internal.

You said a lot of cam, my guess and I'm not a Chevy man, it got a high lift cam in it somewhere around a 5:25 or better. With the high rocker covers with the spinners more than likely it's got a roller rocker assembly in it with stud griddles. I sure it also has the crack from hell in the bottom end and had been popped out 30 or 60 over.

Couple of more bucks I bet you could get close to 600hp out of this thing, but would it stay together????? The price you pay to go fast.;)

Sweet ride :cool:

Johnathan Aulabaugh

I helped get an import shop into the mobile electronics business in cali. It was pretty neat to learn how to install turbos and superchargers. Built honda B16's in a little crx. The amount of power in some of these street weed eaters is just crazy.
My dad is the hp junkie in the family. Roushe p51a, bonanza B36, bulton jet with a vortec 5800 among other things. I was always the electronics guy, even went to school to learn mobile instalation and advanced 12v circuts.

silvertip

You can always go faster with more horse power. One thing that can outrun the horse power is the police radio. Hope who ever buys it is happy with the truck. The photos are great and so is the truck. But I prefer the Vette.

Ruidoso Bill

28000? Seems a tad steep to me. I have been seeing some really cool rides for that. Numbers matching cameros for 23, chargers going for 15. Just some rediculously low prices on dang nice classics.

24,000 not 28,000 unless he has raised his price, I haven't looked on ebay to see if it is up yet.

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
I think I saw that corvette previously in this forum… With someone waiving from the driver's seat. Is it the same car?