Refurbished Actuation Count On My D500

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Hopefully I've got a winner. It only had 8 images taken on it before I got it. Can't beat that for the price. I just hope there wasn't a major problem with it beforehand. :encouragement::encouragement:

carguy

Hopefully I've got a winner. It only had 8 images taken on it before I got it. Can't beat that for the price. I just hope there wasn't a major problem with it beforehand. :encouragement::encouragement:
Excellent! I bought my D7100 refurbished and would do it again in a second. Enjoy!

sonicbuffalo_RIP

hows the learning curve coming along chris, i am getting there.
I'm sure I will be learning new things I can do with it a year from now....but when you get the book, David will give you more detail than you'd ever expect. Just skip through the boring stuff. Be careful there though because he slides in some things that will surprise you. I talk to him via facebook once in a while. He will answer questions for you too. Pretty cool dude and a great photographer. As for your question.....I have most of the settings set up that I will use. I hope to get out and shoot some soon. Been having a great deal of foot pain from plantar fasiitis in my right foot. I have to tread lightly for now, which sucks. Love the layout of the camera though, and the menus are easy to understand and navigate.

Blacktop

I'm sure I will be learning new things I can do with it a year from now....but when you get the book, David will give you more detail than you'd ever expect. Just skip through the boring stuff. Be careful there though because he slides in some things that will surprise you. I talk to him via facebook once in a while. He will answer questions for you too. Pretty cool dude and a great photographer. As for your question.....I have most of the settings set up that I will use. I hope to get out and shoot some soon. Been having a great deal of foot pain from plantar fasiitis in my right foot. I have to tread lightly for now, which sucks. Love the layout of the camera though, and the menus are easy to understand and navigate.

Which book did you get ?

Blacktop

Mine had 1,400 clicks on it. I'm wondering whether whoever returned it just didn't like it, or there was something wrong with it and Nikon fixed it.

Danno

David Busch's Guide to the D500. He puts an awful lot of info into his books and they are thick, but easy to read, and well illustrated. Amazon has them for $20 right now, reg. price $39. Check right here

I really like David Busch's book for the D7200. Very detailed, but very easy to understand. I never thought of connecting with him on Facebook.

RocketCowboy

More than likely, somebody just used it until their return policy was just about out, or a dealer had it and loaned it out.

That's the thinking I'm going with as well, @Blacktop. Mine was higher than I was hoping for as well, but so far...I can't find anything to indicate there was a problem with the body itself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jc32750

Thank you for this post. Been using my D500 that I bought at a local camera shop. It was used. A person turned it in and bought a Canon instead. I've been using it for two weeks. I looked up my shutter count. 574.

sonicbuffalo_RIP

Thank you for this post. Been using my D500 that I bought at a local camera shop. It was used. A person turned it in and bought a Canon instead. I've been using it for two weeks. I looked up my shutter count. 574.

not bad at all.....hasn't been broken in yet!

sonicbuffalo_RIP

I will look at the original paperwork that I got when I bought the camera. Perhaps it will show the shutter count.
Jeff.....there is a way to see what your shutter count is. You process the last image out of your camera, and make sure it's a .jpg. Then, go to this website. It instructs you to upload that .jpg. After it processes the exif data, i will give you the shutter count and then you subtract the number of pictures you've taken from that number and you will know how many images have been taken on your camera body.

jc32750

8278655edcfa5659e2e682e185041a67.jpg