12800 iso

Woodyg3

Contributor
I thought I'd post this shot at 12800 ISO to help people with deciding if the D500 can handle high ISO to their satisfaction. It is cropped a tiny bit, no noise reduction or sharpening, and no exposure adjustment. Sized to 1000 pixels on the long end.

Duck12800-200.jpg

Moab Man

Shooting the D500 and full frame I have found the D500 to be about 3/4 of what full frame can handle. Very impressive out of the D500.

Blacktop

I have heard it is close to the D750 in low light and high ISO. This shot looks great. Was it late afternoon and dark out?

In my limited experience with it so far is, that it's about a half of stop behind the D750. (some say it's a full stop) It really depends on the light though. I had the Auto ISO limited to 6400 on the D750, with this I have it limited to 4000.

I wouldn't shoot either cam at 12,800 and post it for the world to see!

Stoshowicz

Can you post a 1-1 crop of just one thousand pixels ,, just the forehead so I can see close in , ,, expanding the jpeg doesnt do it. Thanks
( in case someones wondering why Im asking that.. his original pic is probably 4000 pix wide or so, ,to resize , that data gets massaged, the bigger his original, the more massaging happens , and when you blow that up youre seeing a degraded version of his highly detailed pic. , If instead HE crops 1000 pixels out of the pic , then it doesnt have to be massaged down to fit and I can see that chunk like he would

, I crop a lot and I need to see that small scale detail to eval the noise level )

Last edited: