VSSL Gear & Maker's Mark Whisky

csgaraglino

d810_act_4151-final-1024.jpg

I started this project with the idea of shooting inside of a brewery, but getting inside access to the larger breweries was a little more difficult than I was expecting. Access to the local breweries was not too difficult, but while they make awesome craft beers, their “behind-the-scenes” is just not as sexy!

Enter Plan B: As a product photographer, I knew that I could pull something out of the rabbits hat, I just needed to search the cabinets and the “what”.

VSSL Outdoor Utility Tools (Outdoor Utility Tools) is a small company out of Sumas, WA that manufactures superior quality LED lights that utilize the form factor of traditional flashlights. The function of each VSSL unit (there are several different models) extends well beyond illumination. Each unique VSSL offers an extremely compact and efficient way of transporting your essential outdoor gear, without compromising valuable pack space and weight.

This VSSL Flask is a flashlight designed to hold your booze! This VSSL Flask has been infused/lined with glass; because it's the best material to preserve the taste & quality of your beverage. While holding your beverage of choice plus it’s also a flashlight to help guide you in the dark. Each VSSL unit is 9" long by 2" diameter and holds approximately 10 ounces of*liquid, Includes: A dual mode (static and SOS) LED ‘flood’ beam lantern light, which illuminates a large area, two stainless steel collapsible shot glasses, a VSSL bottle opener and a oil filled compass.

Maker's Mark is a small-batch bourbon whiskey that is distilled in Loretto, Kentucky, by Beam Suntory. It is sold in its distinctively squarish bottle, which is sealed with red wax, and bottled at 90 U.S. proof (45% alcohol by volume). Maker's Mark started in 1954, after its originator, T. William "Bill" Samuels Sr., purchased the distillery known as "Burks' Distillery" in Loretto, Kentucky for $35,000 on October 1, 1953. The first bottle of Maker's Mark was bottled in 1958 and featured the brand's distinctive dipped red wax seal. Maker's Mark holds a U.S. trademark on the wax seal of their bottles. In the 1960s and 1970s, Maker's Mark was widely marketed with the tag line, "It tastes expensive ... and is." The distillery was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on December 31, 1974, and designated a National Historic Landmark on December 16, 1980, listed as "Burks' Distillery". It was the first distillery in America to be so recognized where the landmark buildings were in active use for distilling.