Advice needed

bikeit

Moving from the d7100 and hopefully getting the d500 so does it have the horizon thingy in live view, and also will it be as good as the d7100 for landcsapes?

john*thomas

I love my D7100. I'll not move to another camera until this one is toast. That said, if someone offered me a D500 in trade I would do it in a heartbeat and not look back.

No, I didn't answer your question.

bikeit

A guy from our club has a D500 with 800 actions on it for £450 off the RRP, i love the D7100 but do a lot of sports and like the fact that the D500 can take more photos before the buffer is full, but not sure about what its like for landscapes

Horoscope Fish

Most all Nikon DSLR's have these functions but just so we're clear...

This is what the Virtual Horizon looks like in Live View:
Live View.jpg

And this is what I'm referring to as the Level tool you'll see in the viewfinder (circled in yellow):
Viewfinder.jpg

Bikerbrent

According to reviews that I have read, the IQ of the D500 vs. D7200 is about a wash to the D7200 IQ is slightly better than the D500, with the D500 having about 1/2 stop better high ISO performance than the D7200. Since the D7200 has slightly better ratings than the D7100, there you go. The decision is now yours.

jc32750

Do you know how? Also while in live mode if I touch the screen the camera takes a picture. I thought it would focus and adjust Iris. Is the the norm or can you adjust the screen setting not to take the shot but just make adjustments via touching the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk