D3100 Tethering Clarification

tjeacret

Hello. I am trying to surprise my wife with a special gift and I need expertise advice. I bought my wife a D3100 for her birthday several months ago, her first dslr. I have bought her a MacBook Pro and am wanting to give it to her along with a wireless tether setup. I have done some research and am pretty Mac savvy. I have her laptop setup, bought aperture 3. Now, what do I need to buy for her camera in order for the pictures she takes to wirelessly show up and store on her laptop? Thanks for your help.

TJ

StringThing

My post with a link got blocked, so do a Google search for eye-fi SD card. I believe that is what you are looking for and it will work with the D3100.

JohnFrench

I appreciate the information given here, I never even realized that there was a device for doing a wireless transfer of photos from the D3100 to the computer. I'll be checking availability in the local store, LOL, sometimes it takes a while for technology to make it up to the state I live in.

Mike150

We use the eye-fi card in both camera's at work. Make the product shots and within a couple of minutes, they're on the network ready to go.