Sigma 50m 1,4 Art + Nikon F5 issue

Ubrat

Hey Nikonites, i'm new here so pls help me out!

I'm using a Nikon F5 film body with a brand new Sigma 50mm 1,4 Art lens. The problem is autofocus. It is loud, slow, lots of searching, but ultimately quite precise. During autofocus i can feel some very gentle vibrations coming from the lens, and it makes a funny scratchy sound. Problem is specialy prominent in AF-C mode which is practically unusable. Now at first i thought the lens was defective, however when mounted on my D3100 or D700 Sigma lens works just fine, perfectly smooth quiet and fast AF. So i turned my investigation towards the camera body, but when i mount a Nikkor onto my F5 everything works perfectly fine! So it seemed that this particular combination of body+lens is making this problem. I thought that perhaps lens was not compatible with F5 since it's such an old camera, but Sigmas official site says otherwise:

"...Sigma's HSM lenses have full compatibility with F5, F4 series, F100, F90/N90, F90X/N90S, F80/N80 F70/N70, u/F65/N65,Pronea 600 and Pronea S..." (Izvor: [FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.sigma-imaging-uk.com/index.php route=information/information&information_id=21) [/FONT]

So i visited my local Sigma dealer and we tried other modern day Sigma HSM lens of "Art" lineup (Sigma 24-105 HSM) and it also worked just fine. Then i tried another sample of 50mm art 1,4 and the problem was there again the same. I'm pretty much completely confused, and don't know what the problem might be. Has anyone else had simmilar problems or has any idea what could be the culprit? Or knows someone i could ask :)