Shooting Video on the D7200

06Honda

When shooting a video on the D7200 the quality is quite good, only issue is you hear the camera focusing during the video from time to time when playing back. Is there a way to cut this out and be able to talk and the talking is all you hear. Never used a mic or mic type attachment but do they work or can you even get one. Thanks for any info.

SteveH

The problem is not unique to the 7200, it is because the mic is next to the inbuilt flash, and so very close to the lens - The noise you hear is the "SILENT wave motor" in your lens. Fixes are to manually focus the lens, or use an external mic... Or a different lens. My 150-600 Sigma isn't too bad as the focus motor in the lens is further away from the mic, where as the 50mm f1.8D with it's body-driven focus is very noisy in video.

There are lots of external mic's available, the port is under a flap somewhere near the USB / HDMI etc connectors and should, when connected, disable the inbuilt mic.

06Honda

Great info, thanks Steve. I will give the manual focus a try with my lense next time I am out, will take a look at buying an external mic as well.

Fred Kingston

If you're really serious about quality sound, then, while you're looking at external mics. look at stand-alone recording devices... :eek: