Hello from Texas

cwgirl197

Hi there everyone. I'm Teri. I'm an ICU nurse that just transferred to Neonatal ICU and boy is it a change and I love it. I am completely self taught for the last 5 years. I never picked up a DSLR until 2011 and quite frankly, it was beyond scary! Now, I'm full manual mode after tons of reading and Youtube videos and a few photography classes here and there. I love taking pictures and it makes my heart happy. It is my stress relief again......got frustrated for awhile and lost my inspiration and motivation, but I'm back! I'm now embarking on my first 365 challenge and praying that I can finish it! So far, so good.....two days down and I've gotten my pics posted :). I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here and seeing more of everyone's amazing work!

"CHRIS"

Welcome Teri! Nice post..........and I'm glad your heart is happy (again);) It's a good forum, and you should fit right in.

Danno

Welcome Teri! Appreciate all you do. ICU and NICU are tough things to do and takes a special heart. This is a pretty friendly place. Hope you enjoy!

cwgirl197

Welcome Teri! Appreciate all you do. ICU and NICU are tough things to do and takes a special heart. This is a pretty friendly place. Hope you enjoy!

Thank you! It has been very welcoming. I've actually been a member since 2013, but lurked for quite awhile and just watched what was going on.

Nikon D750, Nikon D800, Nikon 16-35 f/4, Nikon 50mm 1.8, Nikon 70-300
Sigma 24-70 f/2.8, Sigma 105mm f2.8
Sigma 150-600 C

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Welcome Teri. So glad to see that you decided to come out of the shadows and make yourself known. So happy that you found photography to relieve the stresses from a very demanding profession. I think the only thing that could be more stressing would be a combat nurse or doctor. Jump in and teach us old dogs a thing or two. We always welcome a new perspective.

RocketCowboy

Howdy and welcome to Nikonites!

I'm convinced we need to put together a Texas based Meet and Greet, with all of us already living over here. :) Looking forward to seeing your images!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

harleridr

Hi
Welcome to the forum, a gathering of fantastic people and a never ending store of information. You will find many places, here in God's country to develop your hobby
Harle