Returning to the world of Nikon 40+ years later...

Boompa

I became interested in photography in 1967 while I was in high school. I saved and saved and bought a Pentax Spotmatic w/ 50mm f1.4 lens and paid part of my way through college doing a variety of photography gigs as I acquired additional glass. Later I switched to Nikon in the 70's but eventually migrated to Canon. My last Canon was a 5D with lots of "L" glass before the mirrorless bug bit. I sold all the Canon gear and went thru first a lot of Fuji gear and of late Olympus gear: 3 bodies and 8 or 9 lenses.

But at last I've seen the light and returned to my roots. No, not Pentax: Nikon! I'm keeping all of the Oly gear... for now. But I've quickly added a bunch of Nikon-related gear:

D750
AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G
AF DC-NIKKOR 135mm f/2D
AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR
AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f5.6E ED VR
Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD

I'd forgotten how amazing full-frame can be after living in the small-sensor mirrorless world for the past 6 or 7 years.

It's good to be "home" to Nikon after 40 years!

Last edited:

robbins.photo

I became interested in photography in 1967 while I was in high school. I saved and saved and bought a Pentax Spotmatic w/ 50mm f1.4 lens and paid part of my way through college doing a variety of photography gigs as I acquired additional glass. Later I switched to Nikon in the 70's but eventually migrated to Canon. My last Canon was a 5D with lots of "L" glass before the mirrorless bug bit. I sold all the Canon gear and went thru first a lot of Fuji gear and of late Olympus gear: 3 bodies and 8 or 9 lenses.

But at last I've seen the light and returned to my roots. No, not Pentax: Nikon! I'm keeping all of the Oly gear... for now. But I've quickly added a bunch of Nikon-related gear:

D750
SB700
Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG ART
AF-S NIKKOR 85mm f/1.8G
AF-S NIKKOR 16-35mm f/4G ED VR
AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED
AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm f5.6E ED VR
Tamron SP 70-200mm f/2.8 Di VC USD
Tokina AF 100mm f/2.8 AT-X M100 Pro D Macro

I also bought the Nikon AF FX DC-Nikkor 135mm f2D but must have gotten a bad copy and returned it after a lot of frustration.

I'd forgotten how amazing full-frame can be after living in the small-sensor mirrorless world for the past 6 or 7 years.

It's good to be "home" to Nikon after 40 years!

Welcome back to the light side of the force. You are now eligible to become a force ghost and wave goodbye to Luke in the final scene. Congrats...

:)

RocketCowboy

Howdy and welcome to Nikonites! Looks like our equipment list is similar, with minor variations, but looking forward to seeing some of your images!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Danno

Welcome back to Nikon and welcome to the Nikonites. Hope you enjoy yourself here. look forward to seeing some of your photos.

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod
Welcome home. Yes I have to agree with you that there is something special about full frame. The images speak by themselves.

But for travel, mirrorless is something not to be left home. :)