Excellent Camera Strap

Blinkey

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Excellant Camera Strap

I really liked the RS4 but my wife gasped at the price for a camera strap. I just ordered the the one from Ebay. Will report back when It gets here and I try it out.

Saving my wife credits for a new lens and flash.

Rick M

Saving my wife credits for a new lens and flash.

Smart thinking!

My wife is hosting one of those expensive candle parties in November, where she will waste allot of money. I should then have enough ammo for a flash or at least a new Camera backpack!

Blinkey

After I posted I saw the Black Rapid Strap and it was very nice and had a few extra items on it. But For 15.99 It did the job. I did attach another strap ($1.88 from Wal-Mart) that has a quick disconnect that goes under you arm and it keeps the shoulder piece from creeping up towards your neck....I used it for 500 pics today at my son's 30th dbay party...I Love it.....

Blinkey

I tried to upload a few pics of the mod. However they are too big. If someone can let me know how to attach them I'd be glad to.The mod on the camera strap was done using a strap from the camping gear area in Wal-mart $1.88). I just stitched a loop in each end of the new strap and slid the camera strap thru. With it just being looped, it is reversible to either shoulder.

Last edited by a moderator:

fotojack

I had the one from China. It works. After I bought the RS-4, and put the two of them side by side..........big difference! You can actually see the difference in the quality and workmanship. I still have the RS-4. I gave the other one to my niece. :)

Browncoat

Cant go wrong for $15.99

Straps fall squarely into the "you get what you pay for" department.

you-get-what-you-pay-for.jpg

fotojack

I tried to upload a few pics of the mod. However they are too big. If someone can let me know how to attach them I'd be glad to.The mod on the camera strap was done using a strap from the camping gear area in Wal-mart $1.88). I just stitched a loop in each end of the new strap and slid the camera strap thru. With it just being looped, it is reversible to either shoulder.

I believe this is what you're talking about.........the under arm strap. This is the Black Rapid under arm loop that attaches with purpose built buckles to the RS-4. Very secure system.

View attachment 5938

Last edited:

Marcel

Happily retired
Staff member
Super Mod

I believe this is what you're talking about.........the under arm strap. This is the Black Rapid under arm loop that attaches with purpose built buckles to the RS-4. Very secure system.

View attachment 5936

Jack, your link lead nowhere. I don't know what happened to the picture that was supposed to be posted, but the link is invalid.

JoeLewisPhotography

Amen to that. Spend the money on a good strap!! I guarantee, eventually, you will spring for the good strap anyway, so why risk the cheap stuff? I know I'm not suspending my gear from a $15 china strap, thats for sure. Black Rapid RS-Sport user here. worth every penny IMO.

PhotoAV8R

I tried to upload a few pics of the mod. However they are too big. If someone can let me know how to attach them I'd be glad to.
Open the file with Preview. Under Tools, select Adjust Size (maximum 800 pixels wide) and then File -> Save As to save the new re-sized file.

If you're using a PC, then get a Mac.

bluenoser

Banned
I just picked up the BlackRapid RS Sport - a great piece of engineering. Very comfortable, easy to adjust and sturdy. Expensive yes but worth every penny.

Another strap I strongly considered was the Carry Speed CS-1 - great looking design and in some way looked to be a bit of an improvement on the BR straps. However I went with the brand that I trusted most but the Carry Speed looks like a contender! :)

I bought the $15.99 camera strap and have had a chance to walk around with it for a few hours and shoot. Unmodified. I loved it. Was comfortable to wear and easy to use. The quality was very good. The camera mount is all steel and I was pleased to see that it has a tripod mount on the other side so I don't need to remove the strap to mount it on a mono-pod or tripod. The shoulder pad is nice and wide and very comfortable. It also has a zippered back on the shoulder pad for spare memory cards when needed. I also found that with the D3100 it did not ride up onto my neck at all.
It may not be the expensive one recommended by others in this thread but it is a good strap at a good price. Save your money for Lenses and Flashes, things that improve your photos.

JoeLewisPhotography

It may not be the expensive one recommended by others in this thread but it is a good strap at a good price. Save your money for Lenses and Flashes, things that improve your photos.

Thats fine and dandy, but people should also take into consideration this. Not if, but when this strap fails, your more expensive lenses and flashes you saved your money for will be worthless smashed on the ground. This may be ok for a D3100 and kit lens (or similar), but I surely am not putting my $3k worth of gear in the hands of a strap most likely constructed by children. You get what you pay for...I cannot say it enough. When compared to what the replacement/repair costs could be, $60 is cheap insurance for a better strap.

bluenoser

Banned
Thats fine and dandy, but people should also take into consideration this. Not if, but when this strap fails, your more expensive lenses and flashes you saved your money for will be worthless smashed on the ground. This may be ok for a D3100 and kit lens (or similar), but I surely am not putting my $3k worth of gear in the hands of a strap most likely constructed by children. You get what you pay for...I cannot say it enough. When compared to what the replacement/repair costs could be, $60 is cheap insurance for a better strap.

Took the words right out of my mouth.