save and load settings

egosbar

ive been reading for a couple of days now on memory banks , ive got a pretty good handle on them and can see them being useful with the load save settings mapped on top of my menu accessible through function button 2 easily

heres where i cant understand nikon , i save my settings it remembers only half of what ive set and saved for instance

on load settings it recalls the white balance but not the metering mode , it recalls the iso but not the aperture or shutter speed

seems to me they have only thought this through halfway , id have no problems with the banks if you can save and load every setting , keep a hard copy to a small flash drive with protection on , if you ever format a card and lose our settings very easy to load your banks again

am i doing something wrong here?

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
You may be talking about something that I am not familiar with, but if you are talking about the U1 & U2 settings, my D7100 saves it all.

Edit: I googled it and see that the first part of my statement was accurate, I was not familiar with it. It is an interesting NEW aspect to consider using on the D7100.

Thanks for bringing my attention to it. Ha! Now back to you question which I can't answer.

Last edited:

egosbar

no its memory banks on the higher end cameras , its completely different i came from a d7100 , memory banks would be very good as long as the camera remembered all settings and modes if you choose save ( with a pop up confirm save) , load them back from your card and you would have four great banks , they have only half thought this out