one question for memory banks

egosbar

these are confusing coming from the d7100 user one and user two

ok so what i want to do is have custom shooting bank A - PORTRAIT , matrix metering , single point focus ,

bank B - BIRDS , matrix metering , group focus

i just want to change the A B C D you see in the top screen and keep the focus modes in each group , they are always the same if i change one the other changes.

ive read a few articles now and im confused , can i or cant i have different focus modes in A B C D?

Skwaz

Hi Egosbar
where have you found Cutom Shooting Bank A,b,c, or d , I'm very confused and curious , just , in case I'm missing something

Horoscope Fish

these are confusing coming from the d7100 user one and user two

ok so what i want to do is have custom shooting bank A - PORTRAIT , matrix metering , single point focus ,

bank B - BIRDS , matrix metering , group focus

i just want to change the A B C D you see in the top screen and keep the focus modes in each group , they are always the same if i change one the other changes.

ive read a few articles now and im confused , can i or cant i have different focus modes in A B C D?
I think your frustration stems from the fact that Custom User-Banks are not "sticky" like U1 and U2 are. You can, I believe, set the focus-mode in each user bank like you're asking but... That setting isn't going to be persistent like it would be if you were using U1 or U2. I'm not sure I can explain it much better than that.

egosbar

im pretty sure now you cant set the focus mode in each user bank individually , ill probably find a use for them but they are limited compared to user one and user two