Nikon F3 HP with a Nikkor 55 micro - refresh my memory

Borga Voffe

In the summers of 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998 I was out on vacation to shoot rare plant species on a remote island in Scandinavia

Me not beeing wealthy, infact "broke", could I still have used the same Nikon F3 HP I bought used back om 1987?

I really cant remember, I was shooting on Kodachrome 64, no exif to refreshen the memory either:)

Thus I now bought a second hand F4 to see if them good old times will "come back" --- meaning,
I really do remember I often struggled with focuss setting on forest interior shots I couldnt have used a AF system camera.

I really cant think I was able to afford a Nikon F4 at that time. That camera was the ONLY alternative (no Nikkormats for me)

Which brings me to the great find of today! I found my "Nikon Full Line Product Guid 1996-97" which I got at my photo store back then!

VERY intersting reading - the Nikon F5 is introduced in this, the Nikon F4 is gone, the only one left is Nikon F4S. As we know the Nikon F4 era was over in May 1997.

I have been using Canon eq from 2002 up until 2013, so my memories are clouded. The Canon Powershot S30 replaced all my Nikon gear that summer of 2002

I might have been using a cheap very much used F4 with my Nikkor 55 micro, or not, it must have been that old Nikon F3??

Last edited:

Borga Voffe

It was a F4
just found an mf-23 on eBay, suddenly I remembered.

But I have no memory still wheter I had any AF lenses, I used only that 55 micro

Last edited: