d5300 memory card error

Anchelique14

hi!

i just recently lost the memory card of my d5300 so i bought a new one. sandisk 32GB but it won't work.

i tried formatting the new memory card in my laptop, even blowing out the memory card slot of the camera, still error.

i can't format the card using the camera because once the card is inserted, "THIS MEMORY CARD CANNOT BE USED. CARD MAY BE DAMAGED. INSERT ANOTHER CARD" would pop out so it won't let format the card.

can anyone help me with this?

Horoscope Fish

hi!

i just recently lost the memory card of my d5300 so i bought a new one. sandisk 32GB but it won't work.

i tried formatting the new memory card in my laptop, even blowing out the memory card slot of the camera, still error.

i can't format the card using the camera because once the card is inserted, "THIS MEMORY CARD CANNOT BE USED. CARD MAY BE DAMAGED. INSERT ANOTHER CARD" would pop out so it won't let format the card.

can anyone help me with this?
Seeing as you can not format the card in either your computer or your camera, it's looking like you simply have a bad card. It's rare, but it happens. San Disk will stand behind their product and replace it, if the retailer won't. Take the path of least resistance and get yourself a new card.

RocketCowboy

Howdy and welcome to Nikonites!

Paul has the wisdom you're looking for ... if the card doesn't work anywhere, get the card replaced and try again.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
Also, try unlocking the card before formatting it in the camera. The slide may be in the locked position.