Nikon F Motor Drive Base Plate (20FB1-22) wanted

PeterRussell53

I hope that somebody may be able to help me. I've finally got to the stage in life where I have been able to replace all the Nikons that I had to sell as a young photographer in order to pay for the next bit of kit! So far I have accumulated 15 Nikon F bodies from early 1960 to 1971, assorted finders from Photomic flag-type to Photomic FTn finders, lenses and accessories and, of course, Nikon F-36 Motor Drives.

Sadly, what I do not have is a single F body with the 20FB1-22 Motor Drive Base Plate that allows the use of F-36 and F-250 Motor Drives. I've searched the length and breadth of the internet but only found one listed (in error as it turned out!). A few Nikons have been offered with F-36 Motors, or with Base Plates, but they have all been too expensive or have been snapped up too quickly.

Has anyone got a Nikon for sale with a Motor Drive Base Plate fitted or a Motor Drive Base Plate on its own?

I hope that somebody out there can help.

kuotesting

Hi:

I do have three Nikon F Motor Drive Base Plates in my collection. As I researched, one may have to do a little adjustment on the body before attaching the motor drive base plate so that the shutter can be triggered. Otherwise, shutter will not work.

I do have a nice late Nikon F body with motor drive plate installed, Nikon motor drive 36, cordless power pack and a Nikon lens. This system works in every way and the shutter synchronized with motor drive as well. I will list this system over eBay soon. If you are interested before I list them, you may send me your email and I will upload the images to you. My email address is: [email protected].

Regards,

Eugene

Eye-level

Banned
Hello Peter and Eugene...I'm glad to see some serious F film users on the board...I get lonesome sometimes...hahaha

I don't have any F's but I have a mean F2... :)

PeterRussell53

Since my post I have gone mad with motor drives! I've just bought a mint F-36 and Cordless Battery Power Pack Type 1, an F-250 Motor Drive in original box with a Remote Battery Pack and 1m cord and another F-250 Motor Drive without any extras, along with two F bodies with Motor Drive Base Plates and a Motor Drive Base Plate from KEH in the USA. All this plus another seven lenses, three Standard Prism Finders and around eight Photomic T, Tn and FTn finders!

I reckon that I am enhancing the kid's inheritance, whilst they think I'm spending it! The early 1962 F-36 in currently away with my tame repairman being overhauled and my two very early Nikon F bodies, one late 1959 and one January 1960, are also being overhauled ready to use once again. A few of the bodies that aren't being repaired or in the post, including my Nikkormat FTns, an FT2, F3, F4 and F5, can be seen here:

Nikon cameras and accessories - November 2011

Once you been sucked into the collecting system it seems to be almost impossible to escape!

Eye-level

Banned
Impressive collection of Nikons sir. I particulary like the 68 model eyelevel...

I am getting ready to buy a 85/1.4 or 105/1.8 right after Christmas...collecting classical Nikkors will break the bank real fast!