Thinking of adding a body for my birthday

Bob Rules

Hey Nikonites,

I'm thinking of treating myself to a new body for my birthday. I love my D7100 but I want to explore a Full frame body. I guess I have about $2000 to spend. Suggestions please.

cwgrizz

Challenge Team
$2000 for Full frame and lenses to match the FF?? Or do you already have the FF lenses you feel you will need?

Bob Rules

I think i'm good for lenses Tamron 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 (IF) MACRO, Tamron SP 70-200MM f/2.8 DI VC and Tamron 24-70 f/2.8. I just want the body.

Isn't the Tamron 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 (IF) MACRO for DX cameras? If so you will get less than satisfactory results on a FX camera.

Not sure about the other 2 lenses but you will need to check it.

Assuming that they are FX lenses then the D750 is a great choice from stepping up from the D7100. That is the jump that I made the the handling and controls between the two are very close.

RocketCowboy

The D610 is still an awesome FF body, IMO. It looks like you have the lenses to take advantage of FF already, so if the money works right you could pick up the D750 for an awesome body.

Otherwise, you can look used and I've seen D800/D800e's hitting within your budget.