weather stinks

Johnathan Aulabaugh

So it is a little wet and windy here in central florida where they have predicted like 4 inches of rain today and more to come tomorrow. So what to do? go through past images and play with them? do you brave the weather and go out to find something to shoot with a "rain coat"?
I recently bought some op tech rain sleeves and I have been hesitant to use them really. I mean I shoot a D90, not weather sealed so rain is a bad thing. Anyways I put on the sleeve to try it out and have some minor issues with rain reaching the outer glass on my 70-200mm even with the hood on. IDK, anyone use these regularly? obviously shooting away from the wind but anyone have other tips for dealing with weather?

Johnathan Aulabaugh

When in doubt....don't go out. :)
hahaha thats for certain lol. it has been pretty nasty here this weekend so not a lot of shooting happening, which in turn drives me nuts. I did work on some much needed organizing, some reading, and hanging out with the wife and kid so not a wasted weekend by any means but staying "in" for me is a lot like being a 1st grader at school on a rainy day.