Is this lens/filter combo "overkill"? (Nikon 50mm, 3 filters + wide angle)

Lights

I recently got some new gear to mess around with on my nikon f3, and of course I've been trying to find some good combinations of filters and lenses to create some nice pictures.
Here is the config I'm messing with now:
photo (6).JPG
It's a Nikkon 50mm lens, followed by a Polaroid CPL filter, then a Polaroid close up +2 and a close up +1 lens, and last a wide angle lens attachment. Now i'm sure plenty of people will laugh at what seems to be an obscene amount of attachments to my nikkon lens, but I am new to photography so I don't really know any better :p

The reason for both the +2 and +1 close up lens is because I was actually looking to take pictures with my +4 or +10 lens, but the glass of both the +4 and +10 extends too far out for me to also attach the wideangle lens. That being said, I'm also taking some photos with different lens, it's just I'm using film so I can't see the results until I get it developed.

Because I'm taking macro pictures, I tend to be very close to the subject. I know lighting may be an issue especially because of the close up lens filters, but I am also using a (cheap) ring LED light.

photo (7).JPG

It's not a flash, rather a very bright LED ring. I got it more as a situational sort of "joke" lighting source, but it's actually becoming very fun to take photos with as it provides an amazing white/angel-esque light. Anyways I just wanted to see if anyone could give some advice as far as lenses and filters are concerned, I might be going a bit overboard :|

thanks in advance!

Browncoat

Re: Is this lens/filter combo "overkill"? (Nikon 50mm, 3 filters + wide angle)

I think you may be related to this guy:

1438d1295907761-every-time-i-see-pic-i-laugh-5-min-cameraman.jpg

fotojack

Hey......if everything works, and you're having fun with it........then knock yourself out, bud. :) You're the one that has to be happy with it, right? If I were you, I would sell all that film stuff and get yourself a decent digital SLR and a REAL macro lens. Then you can really have some fun with your filters and wide angles etc etc. Plus, you won't have to wait till anything's developed. :) DSLR = instant gratification. :)

Johnathan Aulabaugh

I think you may be related to this guy:

View attachment 5786
I think I met his other brother larry in california at a 49er/greenbay game 2 years ago. 4 cameras all set up differently so he did not have to stop for lens changes or anything like that. All canon gear with canons big dog D1M3 on the the end of each one. I am sorry but if I am carrying around $50,000 in camera gear on my body, my butt is hiring a security guard.